djbaxter

Administrator
Consumer research for your 2021 marketing plan
by Daniel Trovato, Nina Taniguchi, and Kira Rich, Think with Google
Jan 13, 2021

With a pandemic creating profound social, economic, and technological shifts, making sense of 2020 might seem a near impossible task. But many of the changes that took place last year were not fundamentally new. Instead, the pandemic acted as a catalyst to accelerate behaviours already underway. Perhaps nowhere is this more evident than in consumers’ increased integration of digital technology into all aspects of their lives — including e-commerce, entertainment, education, and telemedicine.

This past year also saw a worldwide push for social justice, one that had implications for brands across the globe.

The effects of these external catalysts aren’t just going to disappear at year’s end. To get ready for 2021 and beyond, marketers will need to embrace agility over certainty, make data and analytics part of their business process and provide customers with a more personal and seamless experience — all while reassuring and reminding people that businesses are getting the basics right.

How do we know this? Google has taken a look back at billions of search queries from 2020, as well as consumer behaviours, surveys, and interviews, and landed on five key insights.

Take a deeper dive into the consumer research and data in this slide show.

Read more...

ckyap

I shop on Decathlon for sports apparel and right now it's so popular they had to throttle the bandwidth. I also buy on Shopee. Both of which have a large selection of products. I've gotten used to tattooed guys on delivery bikes coming by our house and so far all my parcels have reached safe and sound.

I'm also launching my own business soon making archery products and will have to leverage these analytics I guess, to move say 10 quivers a day and stay afloat.

I'm also a fiction writer and lately, under lockdown, started craving short stories to read. I have a blog where I post my own stories for free and it's getting about a dozen hits per week. I'm really looking to get some more readers but am not sure how...

Dora Wi

[...]

I'm also a fiction writer and lately, under lockdown, started craving short stories to read. I have a blog where I post my own stories for free and it's getting about a dozen hits per week. I'm really looking to get some more readers but am not sure how...

I think here you can leverage the power of social media. Sites like Tumblr, Twitter or Pinterest can help garner a following, lots of people use these for finding creative content. Just keep in mind that if you post a text, most social media sites will technically own that text, so in case you ever want to publish your work, you should only post teasers and then a link to the story on your blog.

Top Bottom