1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

You Can Franchise Your Business (No Matter How Small)

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by T J Tutor, Jun 3, 2016.

Share This Page

  1. T J Tutor

    T J Tutor Member

    I just read a cool story about a company called Window Genie. The guy that started the company back in 1994, Richard Nonelle, had no experience in the window-washing industry at all. He did, and does, have a background in sales and marketing.

    On a recommendation from a friend way back when, he started a window cleaning business. A few years later, 1998, he started to sell franchises and has sold 170 franchises to date.

    The business expanded to include cleaning decks, the exteriors of houses, cleaning concrete, and similar jobs.

    Many times in this community I have heard so many excuses about not being able to expand, or grow, or even get started.

    I say if this guy can go from cleaning windows to his successes selling franchises, then any and all of us have no room for declaring we have obstacles that can't be over come.

    Have any of you turned a business into a franchise?
  2. azgold

    azgold Moderator MVP Member

    Wise words and true! Unfortunately, we can forget to look at things that way when we're bogged down. I know I'm guilty of that.

    I think the Window Genie story is a good example of thinking outside the box.

    I'm no pro but I suspect that almost any type - or at least many types - of business could be franchised.
    T J Tutor likes this.
  3. Red

    Red Member

    I'm actually trying a similar concept with my fish market. It's not a franchise option per sé, at least not yet. It's sort of a hybrid between a franchise and there own completely seperate and independent entity.

    My fish market is a combination of ideas that were thrown together, that should be profitable and fun. It's fun for me anyway. It is a lot of hardwork, and it's not exactly like most fish markets today we're used to.

    It really is amazing though, getting back to your original post TJ, what people come up with to make their businesses work. And the same people who cry "that's crazy" or "it will never work" are those who end up saying "can I have a job?" or "well, aint that something. Maybe I should try that".

    Those who are dedicated always find a way to make it work.
    azgold and T J Tutor like this.
  4. CoolSpot

    CoolSpot Member

    The latest e-commerce site i have set up has good potential to be franchised (strong branding (well i think so anyway lol), good reputation for customer service, and fair pricing) but to be honest I have no idea where to even start with sorting that out. I'm sure I could find the info if i dig on google for a while, but i have my store set up, i have the order process 90% automated at the moment with the remaining 10% hopefully being finished in the next 9-12 months.

    Then it becomes a simple rinse and repeat job due to the fact my products are drop shipped meaning it costs very little to test market demand.

    Theoretically i could franchise all of these stores, I was planning on selling the sites and product catalogs as white label sites, now I'm thinking their might be a possibility to do both. That's a little ways down the line at the moment, goal for right now is to hit 100% automation without any run time issues.
    azgold likes this.
  5. silvadavid1689

    silvadavid1689 Member

    Thanks for the share.
  6. Jessica Danes

    Jessica Danes MVP Member

    Thank you for sharing! It's always hard to feel the posibility of success may be right around the corner. @T J Tutor, how do you keep yourself and your business going? How do you keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel, when all you want to do is step to the side and lie down for a while?

Share This Page