Steve41

Hi, I am starting up a service based business in the health and wellness industry. The service will be set up as a B2B. I am looking at ways to get my message and offerings out to small/medium sized businesses locally.

One thing I have thought of doing is reaching out to business park owners (or leasing companies) to have them promote my service to their tenants. This way I can reach a lot of businesses efficiently.
Any comments or suggestions on if this could work, and what would be the best way to pitch this to them?

Thanks in advance!

azgold

MVP
Sorry, I don't have any tips, this idea has never occurred to me but it does sound efficient.

One question though: What incentive do you have for the biz park/leasing companies to promote your business?

Steve41

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I have thought of offering a referral reward for anyone/business that brings in a new client. It would be a monetary reward. This could be worked in to my pitch sheet to the park owners. Other than that do you have and ideas that could work as an incentive?

Try hooking an insider from the industry and get into a partnership. You may have to give up some equity but it'll make your job 10x easier. Referrals work better than almost any kind of marketing in B2B; but only when they come from credible sources.

Edvin

MVP
I can't help thinking that the old-fashion cold-calling businesses will work well.
I'm sure you have an idea of a few businesses around you; but, you can use a database to short-list to businesses with specific number of employees. You can even use the database to reach via email; but, I believe that you will get better leads with cold-calling. In US, ReferenceUSA seems to be a good resource, which is available through local library; you may find a similar database within your region as well.

When my brother was in real-estate he hired a number of people that would do a cold-call in his office (following a script that he provided). Once the recipient expressed interest, they handed the phone to him so that he could provide further details and close the deal. You can use similar model, and even consider using virtual assistant.

I'm not sure what you mean by "service based business in the health and wellness industry"; are there existing providers in this space for the local businesses? If so, what is your elevator pitch (cost, service, benefits, etc). You might be able to win-over existing providers if you have your own competitive advantage.
What is the benefit of having your services (i.e. reduced employee insurance, reducing employee turn-over rate, etc). You would want to have some kind of white-paper/slide showing the employer financial benefit of your services.
If you do find a company that is working with a competitor, you can send a monthly newsletter and followup 6-months to a year later as part of your nurturing strategy.

Last edited:

azgold

MVP
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I have thought of offering a referral reward for anyone/business that brings in a new client. It would be a monetary reward. This could be worked in to my pitch sheet to the park owners. Other than that do you have and ideas that could work as an incentive?

I think that's probably your best bet. If they like their cut, they may be more motivated. ;)

Steve41

That is good advice, thanks for that. The service I'm going to be offering is one-on-one health and wellness coaching for the employees of our Clients (employers). People often refer to it as "corporate wellness program".
Yes reduced turnover, lower insurance are all my key selling points. I like the white-paper/slide idea. It would be a good cheat-sheet for prospects to get the idea of what we do.