• The forum topics have been reorganized and expanded to make it more comprehensive and easier to navigate. Let us know what you think!

Work/Life balance as a marketing pro?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:6)

simone33

I’m just curious on others experience in marketing. I feel Marketing has a rep of long hours that ebb and flows. Wanted to know if it’s true for most/all of us, or if there’s hope for work/life balance in this industry after all!

How many hours average do you work a week?

Are you agency or in-house or consulting?

Do you work outside the normal 9-5 often?

VirtualGlobalPhone

Top Poster Of Month
Never counted the hours ..

Have a list of prioritised "to-do" list, daily which is full of hopes & happiness... even if it does not, create one. The concept of time disappears and naturally, you start having a balanced life.

djbaxter

Administrator
Never counted the hours ..

Have a list of prioritised "to-do" list, daily which is full of hopes & happiness... even if it does not, create one. The concept of time disappears and naturally, you start having a balanced life.
I'm similar but I still need reminders to get up and away from my desk from time to time.

I do digital marketing and I work from home. I often work outside the normal 9 to 5. I actually work much earlier (5 am) and I'm done just after lunch. I'm more productive that way.
I agree here..I'm way more productive when I start super early, and I'm up already to get a kid ready for school. I enjoy being able to enjoy the sun while it is out so getting the work done for the day, off my plate and out of my mind lets me actually relax. I usually skip breaks and lunch too so I can get done as soon as possible. I juggle being a parent on top of work, so that time by myself before he gets home from school is helpful to retain that balance and keep me focused as well.