I'm a big fan of automation. But when it comes to social media marketing, the human touch plays such a big role in turning casual fans to customers and customers to ambassadors.

People are sick of ads. And they can smell a bot a mile away. People expect (demand) from businesses personalized service. They want to be recognized. They want to be heard. AI still can't do that. Only a human being can.

You can read the full story here: Social Media Marketing: How Much Automation Is Too Much?

Dora Wi

MVP
Great article! A lot of automation can indeed have strange results. I remember one time I tweeted a news source about Google facing an antitrust lawsuit, which is not exactly great PR, and Google's bot retweeted it rightaway :D I prefer making posts manually and only automate the scedule of the posting.

Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor
Great article! A lot of automation can indeed have strange results. I remember one time I tweeted a news source about Google facing an antitrust lawsuit, which is not exactly great PR, and Google's bot retweeted it rightaway :D I prefer making posts manually and only automate the scedule of the posting.
Me too! Curation software does help a bit by cutting down on the research time. But other than that, you have to manually review and schedule everything.

And I'm not even going to attempt automating interaction. Don't want to go viral for all the wrong reasons.

Rich_Marley

This is an interesting read, however what i am wondering is i am building my followship organically, i want to increase the numbers more, however my followers are not increasing, any advise in this manner?

Top Bottom