djbaxter

Administrator
4 Reasons Your Small Business Needs Content Marketing
by Megan Totka, Small BizTrends.com
January 16, 2017

Small businesses today are competing with a lot of noise. Consumers are plowing through the clutter as they use DVRs to skip through commercials, install ad-blockers to browse the websites they love without ads interrupting, and customize what shows up in their social media news feeds.

This makes it imperative to find ways to make sure your small business isn’t ignored. Write messages that your target audience will want to see and read. Whether you are looking for topics for social media post inspiration or ideas to use to make your blog posts draw customers in, it’s essential to reevaluate the way you communicate with customers. Replace the sales pitch with helpful information and the consumers will start to open their eyes and ears. Market with the goal to make buyers see your brand as a valued information provider — not an interruption.

This type of marketing is called content marketing. Content marketing focuses on communicating with the customer and creating and distributing information with the intent to engage a target audience and promote brand awareness. Information needs to be relevant and value-packed to help your small business attract and retain customers. Take a look at these 4 ways content marketing can drive results and increase your bottom line.

Read more...

Are you already using content marketing as one of your strategies?

azgold

MVP
I used to but haven't very much the past few years. As I did it for a living, I got to the point where I didn't want to do it anymore, even for my own blogs.

Sometimes, I can still ignite a few creative brain cells long enough for a social media message. :D

Adam Toren

Administrator
Great topic @djbaxter

Here’s a high-level look at how to use a social media strategy and content marketing together because they go hand-in-hand:

1. Create and nurture relationships with your specific target audience via your strongest social media channels. Don't forget the power of video!!
  2. Ensure you are creating great content that your target audience wants and needs
  3. Share that content with your selected target audience on the social channels and in the ways they prefer
  4. Use social media to link back to your well built conversion funnel on your branded website
  5. Set up those conversion funnels to most effectively convert your target audience to the specific conversion goal you are looking for once they arrive
Use the best of both content marketing and social media marketing to identify, grow, reach and convert your target audience.

Here's a great example of a company taking what is just a typical product catalog and turned into a buzz machine by making a video that would get people talking and sharing. In 2015 (when the Apple Watch was getting a lot of attention) they decided to do a parody highlighting the touch sensitive interface and the eternal battery life of their paper catalog. This video has now been viewed over 18,500,000 times.

What have you learned or are currently using to tie in the power of content marketing and social media marketing effectively? Let us know below!

Thank you for this article @djbaxter

It gave me the idea to start a YouTube channel to help promote my store. Although I may not have a permit to teach a cooking class at my kitchen store, I can from my own home. I can show a wider audience how to use the tools found in my store to create amazing dishes themselves. I can also promote the dishes I make on my other social media accounts.

azgold

MVP
Great topic @djbaxter

Here’s a high-level look at how to use a social media strategy and content marketing together because they go hand-in-hand:

1. Create and nurture relationships with your specific target audience via your strongest social media channels. Don't forget the power of video!!
  2. Ensure you are creating great content that your target audience wants and needs
  3. Share that content with your selected target audience on the social channels and in the ways they prefer
  4. Use social media to link back to your well built conversion funnel on your branded website
  5. Set up those conversion funnels to most effectively convert your target audience to the specific conversion goal you are looking for once they arrive
Use the best of both content marketing and social media marketing to identify, grow, reach and convert your target audience.

Here's a great example of a company taking what is just a typical product catalog and turned into a buzz machine by making a video that would get people talking and sharing. In 2015 (when the Apple Watch was getting a lot of attention) they decided to do a parody highlighting the touch sensitive interface and the eternal battery life of their paper catalog. This video has now been viewed over 18,500,000 times.

What have you learned or are currently using to tie in the power of content marketing and social media marketing effectively? Let us know below!

That video is absolutely brilliant, I LOVE it! :) (I also love that there are still book books around. Books are something I hold dear.)

Back on topic...

I have not used social for optins (yet) but I know some people do really well with that. And lead gen using social is hot right now, as I understand it.

Something that I've found makes a huge difference in click through rates is a really well-crafted and intriguing headline. You can see your site visits spike, which is exciting and satisfying.

azgold

MVP
Thank you for this article @djbaxter

It gave me the idea to start a YouTube channel to help promote my store. Although I may not have a permit to teach a cooking class at my kitchen store, I can from my own home. I can show a wider audience how to use the tools found in my store to create amazing dishes themselves. I can also promote the dishes I make on my other social media accounts.

There are a number of those kinds of videos on YT, they seem to be really popular. Don't forget to do your keyword research and put your site link right at the beginning of your great description. :)

Thank you @djbaxter for the article and @Adam Toren for the great advice!
How do you go about marketing to two separate audiences? With my editing, I know I can easily help millenials with resumes and blog posts, but I can also help businesses with articles. Should I focus on one over the other? Can I market to both?

djbaxter

Administrator
You can certainly market to both. Establish yourself as a freelance writer and list them as your specialties.

Top Bottom