- Apr 13, 2018
Aside from the very obvious reason being that most of our ancestors fought for us to have this right, there are a few we want to shed light on. Why women should vote:
- Because laws affect women as much as men.
- Because there are men who are making laws that affect women that are being passed without consulting them.
- Because over 8 million women in the U.S. are wage workers, and the conditions under which they work are controlled by law.
- Because women have experience which would be helpful to legislation.
- Because biologically women are built differently from men, which can bring a new perspective on lawmaking.
- Because change can happen in numbers, and women have the power to make that change.
- Because laws regarding children should include the women’s point of view.
- Because many intelligent, hard-working women desire legislative positions.
- Because it is for the common good of all.