1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why Live Chat is Important for Your Business Website

Discussion in 'Websites: Design, SEO, Security' started by Mack T, May 20, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Mack T

Mack T Member

There are several reason is live chat is so much important to grow up your business.I try to focus some important reason. Hope you like it.

• Chance to convince your customer in real time : I just found a stat that shows 44% of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live agent while in the middle of an online purchase.It may be they want to know about your services or products also they compare your services/products to others
    • Is live chat save your money : I say YES!!. The more you sell the more you earn simple logic. Just think live a business man. If you get 200% ROI so why not invest? You just make sure to hire qualified agents.
    • Increase your sales conversion up to 500% : Its quite possible even more through live chat.Don't believe me? Why not doing a test job?
    • Building Relationship : Integrating live chat option with your website will open a door to build a long time relationship with your customers.

Dandelion and K like this.
  2. Dandelion

Dandelion Member

Fabulous and logical points I must say. First I think live chat doesn't mean anything on online business but you open my eyes.

3. Zuckerberg Jr

Zuckerberg Jr Member

Real time experience: I have a business to provide web hosting and I was running a very low profit. After adding the privilege of live chat, the sale was increasing tremendously.

4. Jessica Danes

Jessica Danes MVP Member

@Mack T I love live chat! I can completely agree it convinces customers in real-time. It is so much easier to deal with than finding the customer service number and waiting to talk to someone. If you're able to provide this service to your customers, I highly suggest investing in it! Like it says above, why not do a test run? No harm in trying, right? Take the risk.

5. Josephine Stuart

Josephine Stuart MVP Member

While I do think live chat can be useful for a variety of businesses, I'm not so sure about it saving money, even in the long run. You have to have someone available to answer those chats, yes? Where normally you'd just answer emails at your own convenience. Plus, you usually have to pay for the live chat service.

Has anyone here used a live chat service? Can you confirm whether it saves or costs money in the long run?

Regardless, I've heard PureChat is a really great option for this. They're an AZ company, so maybe I'm biased. :)

Julia Sta Romana and djbaxter like this.
  6. David_Wu

David_Wu Member

I love when certain websites I'm interested in have live chat features! It's the quickest way to get answers to queries and concerns, but I have to agree with Josephine. Surely, you need a customer rep to man this feature. And it would be disappointing for a potential customer who would use this, only to get nothing in reply.

7. Sarah SMT

Sarah SMT Member

This is a great idea - may I ask what sites / programs you suggest or recommend for live online chat?
    (my site was built in wordpress)

Adam Toren and djbaxter like this.
  8. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Here's something that can be frustrating to prospective customers or clients:

Chat not available-2017-03-20_12-17-11.png

If you're going to implement a chat feature on your site, make sure that you have someone available to answer a request, at least during business hours. Otherwise, my recommendation is don't bother.

9. Ashley John

Ashley John Member

As I can say it's the best option because it can give you instant conversion for your business.

Adam Toren likes this.
  10. jaydenwilliam

jaydenwilliam Member

Thank you so much for sharing such a useful information. This is very important who have a business website. Live chat is such a helpful for users to ask every question while they visit our website for looking any services. This will help them to clarify all the doubts easily and shop whatever they are looking for without any hassle.

djbaxter likes this.
  11. Fabulous and logical points I must say. First I think live chat doesn't mean anything on online business but you open my eyes.

12. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana Member

Yes, I think it might save time and money IF you have a lot of support needs that requires immediate attention AND you're able to maximize your live chat by also using it to upsell.

djbaxter likes this.
  13. I have a live chat plugin installed but kind of gave up on it as I only get around 50 people visit my site a day. I think it's time to give it another go

14. Pauline Greening

Pauline Greening Member

Hey there!

It depends on the situation. It would be a big help if there's an urgent need for your customers to have support 24/7 but if not, the usual email would be fine.

djbaxter likes this.
  15. normasbathandbody

normasbathandbody Member

I love the Idea. but don't know how to get live chat on my stand alone website.

16. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

You would start by selecting and signing up for an online chat service, and that service would provide details for embedding or linking to the chat from your website.

17. JayA Member

When I first started my online career it was my experience it was more or less expected that if you had live chat, it would be available 24/7. At least this is a sense I got from my very limited exposure to the systems (I've only installed it on two-three websites). This could leave a negative impression if the live support was offline.

However, I also think that this might have changed quite a bit over the years, and with the adaptation of support via social media channels it is more and more accepted and expected that live support too is an addition to the regular support system and available during business hours and not 24/7.

As for installing it, as djbaxter says, the live support service will usually provide you with a code that you place on your website that when clicked will connect with an application on your computer or smart phone/tablet.

Most content management systems also have plugins or modules for many support systems that allow you to paste the code or even just some id's in the admin panel and not require you to touch any code at all.

djbaxter likes this.
  18. pedrocampos

pedrocampos Member

Chat is important but, yet so many companies mess up on this. Not only on Chat but on the phone, when you need to contact someone and nobody answer or listening to things like "I`m out of the office, call later."
    People are stupid, it could me a missing deal, dude.