Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Why keywords are going down???

Discussion in 'Websites: Design, SEO, Security' started by Conext Card, Jun 27, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Conext Card

Conext Card Member

I am doing SEO from last 3 months to one of my projects, the keywords were improved from the two and half month and now the keywords are going down. we are not doing random SEO, we are doing only white hat techniques. I want to know the reason??? can anyone give me suggestions???

2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

SEO is not a one time thing and it's not static.

How you rank on Google (or other search engines) depends on
    • the exact search query entered - even slightly different queries may produce different results
    • minor or major changes in the search algorithms, which happen almost daily in the case of Google
    • changes in not only your web pages but also in pages linking to you
    • etc., etc., etc.

mfawcett likes this.
  3. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

As djbaxter mentioned, search algorithms change all the time; so, your time is best spent tweaking your pages then trying to figure out what changed. If you can figure out what changed, then there is a lucrative business opportunity :)

If you feel the need to see delta (if any), you must evaluate both page content as well as inbound links of yours and competing sites. Don't forget to also look at keyword trends.

Tools like wayback time machine can provide some visibility to previous content; but, I don't know of similar tools for finding historic inbound links.

Conext Card, mfawcett and djbaxter like this.