Rich_Marley

Hi i am Richard i am a global marketing consultant and recently i started my own venture a mini series of webinar which will be available soon. What i noticed was that people who are hyper active on their social medias rarely reply or respond to queries, they will keep on writing posts of 1200 words but when asked ot share their thoughts in a proper podcast or platform they will shy away from a discussion on either. Do you believe that as a society we have become more anonymous in pointing out stuff that might heelp others or even about topics that we write about but not talk about them. Do respond with your feedback or ideas on this.

djbaxter

Administrator
If you want commentary or debate, join forums. If you want chitchat, humor, quick soundbites, and a lot of insults and trolling when you try to debate an issue, join social media.

It's not people in general. It's the nature of social media.+ People go there to read short posts and see funny memes and videos. They don't go there for serious discussion or debate and if you publish something more than a paragraph long don't expect abyone to even read it, let alone res;pond to it with anything meaningful.

Rich_Marley

If you want commentary or debate, join forums. If you want chitchat, humor, quick soundbites, and a lot of insults and trolling when you try to debate an issue, join social media.

It's not people in general. It's the nature of social media.+ People go there to read short posts and see funny memes and videos. They don't go there for serious discussion or debate and if you publish something more than a paragraph long don't expect abyone to even read it, let alone res;pond to it with anything meaningful.
i think that makes sense but we see the bandwagon and trends thats where most of the topics do come in existence from.

VirtualGlobalPhone

Do you believe that as a society we have become more anonymous in pointing out stuff that might heelp others or even about topics that we write about but not talk about them.

I guess if you want to study or find the "Behavioral economics" or Quality People then social apps / sites are not viable. Now a days even linked-in is becoming one more FB.

And other pointer is Anonymous writing on a blog or small writeup like FB / twitter is entirely different from becoming a voice for the same. You probably get 1 out of 10,000 .. who believe in what they write is what they say.

Dora Wi

MVP
Djbaxter made a good point. Even though social media is, well, social, when people post things they are often not looking for or expecting personal social interaction. I'm sure anonimity plays a role, too. Plus responding to something directly or appearing on a podcast takes more energy than just writing a post, and maybe it's just not as high a priority for some people.

djbaxter

Administrator
i think that makes sense but we see the bandwagon and trends thats where most of the topics do come in existence from.

That's why you should have a presence on social media but just remember to lower your expectations about how much engagement you will get from social media. Social media posts are more like advertisements, or opportunities to feature a specific product or service and point back to your qebsite or customer forum for more information.

SofiaSchulz

Hi, I think the main problem is that on social media post they have the time to reflect and think about what they are writing and the consequences of what they are writing. While during a video or during a recording, the risk is higher. They need to face also the consequence of what they are saying.

Dora Wi

MVP
Hi, I think the main problem is that on social media post they have the time to reflect and think about what they are writing and the consequences of what they are writing. While during a video or during a recording, the risk is higher. They need to face also the consequence of what they are saying.
That's a good point, it is probably a lot harder to prepare for a discussion where you have to talk, especially if you can't anticipate exactly what will come up.

Top Bottom