azgold

MVP
I use Windows because I know how. Plus, I don't have a mac. :)

Didn't download Win10 when they were offering it, as I read some reviews that were less than favourable. Decided to stick with Win7 because I love it. Why MS has to fix things that aren't broken is beyond me. And their new stuff is always buggie.

Windows here. Was close to switching to mac due to some design work that I keep having to do but stayed true to windows.
10 is actually really good - so much faster and love the intuitiveness.
Microsoft have been kicking ass in the innovation game lately..

Have you seen the Surface Studio? -
If only my line of work requires that powerhouse of a machine... :p

Dreamer

I have two laptops
one has win 7 32 bit, the other is a MacBook pro dual booting the apple OS and Windows 10 (both 64 bit)

djbaxter

Administrator
Windows 10. Always use Windows and I upgraded to 10 on both my laptop and my desktop about a year and a half ago.

JohnHolling

Serial entrepreneur, Investor, Mentor
Windows 10 since it was first released. Love it and have not had issues as many have. I've often thought of making the jump to Mac, but I got a Surface Book earlier this year and don't see any reason to make that change now.

azgold

MVP
Okay you Win10 guys - question...is it better than the wretched Win8?

Also, it apparently takes 32 gig of memory, so do you have it on your laptop or a USB, or both? I read on the site that you may need both.

djbaxter

Administrator
Definitely better than Windows 8 and in some ways better than Windows 7 too. I find it boots faster and runs most programs faster. I when I work, i have a LOT of windows open, 6 windows each with 4-5 tabs for Firefox, plus an editor, plus FileZilla, and when I need them a few other apps thrown in as well.

It does not take 32 gigs of RAM at all. My desktop has 8 gigs and my laptop 6 gigs and Windows 10 is running fine on both of those.

There are a couple of things I disabled in Win10 though: File History for one. It's still buggy and uses up too much space on my backup drives. I use the legacy Windows Backup for important directories and EaseUS to do drive images.

And when I tried the Windows Edge browser, it didn't impress me. I'll stick with Firefox, but if you're a fan of Internet Explorer you can still use that with Windows 10.

Almost all of my software continues to work - I didn't need to upgrade anything except an old color-matching utility that goes back to Windows XP days. Most program incompatibility issues can be easily fixed by running the Win10 compatibility troubleshooter to change the settings.

And I preferred the Windows XP and Windows 7 Start Menu, although the Win10 version is more like Win7 than the clunky Win8 version. You can retrieve your old Start Menu by using Start10 (my preference) or Classic Shell.

Top Bottom