1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Which of these social media best for targeted traffic?

Discussion in 'Social Media: Marketing Strategies and Execution' started by antokay, Jun 5, 2017.

Share This Page

1. antokay

antokay Member

Hi everybody, I have tried some of the social media to promote my blog post such as Facebook,pinterest,twitter G plus etc.But non of them give me the result I want except pinterest.I'm getting more traffic from pinterest than other social media.

Anybody want to share his/ her experience? What is your best social media to drive traffic?

Thanks.

2. Ashley John

Ashley John Member

Pinterest is a good place to get traffic. But as well as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, G+ and Instagram also can give you lots of traffic. Make a proper strategy and target people according to that.

3. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana Member

I prefer Facebook because it has a really powerful analytics system and it gives you access to a lot of data that you can use for targeting. But again, it depends on your industry and your market =)

djbaxter likes this.
  4. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP Member

It completely depends on your niche and where your target audience hangs out.

Product sales usually do best on visual sites like Pinterest, Instagram and sometimes FB; LinkedIn for B2B; FB does great for CPA; Twitter for signups and traffic; YouTube for gaming (and more), etc. They can all be interchangeable but some aren't worth as much of your effort as others.

Follow the trail to your target audience's preferred social site and that is your perfect social media platform. But make sure that your posts or where they lead, are of high quality that offers value.

djbaxter likes this.
  5. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Excellent summary! Thanks, @azgold!

azgold likes this.
  6. thicc

thicc Member

Don't know whether this would help or not but if you're targeting a more younger audience (16-19) then Instagram would be a good platform to look into. Most people in this age group have Instagram as it's almost a must to when you're that age.

7. djbaxter

But that isn't the issue. The question is, where will people go to look for the product or service you sell?

I browse Twitter to look for information and occasionally breaking news, but I don't go there to search for products.

azgold likes this.
  8. Pauline Greening

Pauline Greening Member

I use all those that you mentioned and some to promote mine and I'm getting enough traffic from those. My tip is to really know your target audience, start with finding the right audience for the kind of niche that you have.

azgold, Gracewilson and djbaxter like this.
  9. Gracewilson

Gracewilson Member

If you are clear about your Target audience you can reach them through Facebook. Facebook drives huge traffic to your website.

I used to do share all my posts in all social media but facebook only brings me more traffic.

djbaxter likes this.
  10. djbaxter

Depends on your niche.

Facebook does work well for many people and many industries, but others do well with Instagram or Pinterest.

For me, I think I get the best response from Facebook and Twitter.

Gracewilson likes this.
  11. djbaxter

For WHICH targeted audience?

12. azgold

Exactly! There's no question that FB has tons of traffic but if your audience is hanging out somewhere else, you're wasting your time, energy and (if you're using paid promoting) money.

djbaxter likes this.
  13. HolmesM

HolmesM Member

Are you B2C or B2B ... I find that Facebook can sometimes be slow going for B2B.

Do you have something you can give away that relates to your business and that is shareable? If so, a Facebook competition works very well. You can get a free months trial at Click Funnels and put together a simple landing page that talks about your give away / competition and collects people's email addresses.

You can then create a post on your Facebook page that links to your landing page and boost that post in Facebook by spending a $100 bucks or so, you will get some viral traffic that way.

You then have dozens of people that you can email about your services / products.

A second idea would be to hold a free training webinar for your target customer, and promote it the same as above.

Good luck.

azgold and djbaxter like this.
  14. Create interesting activities on your social media to attracts viewers to take interest in your blog and page. Some giveaways and interaction with people will definitely increase traffic for your blog. Important thing then is the quality of content of your blog, If quality of your blog is poor then there will be no returning traffic.

azgold likes this.
  15. Facebook has a ton of awesome and unique targeting options for FB Marketing ads you won’t find elsewhere. You can target audiences by location, age, gender, workplace, relationship status, language, education and more. So i recommend that you should go for facebook marketing...

16. Small to Feds

Small to Feds MVP Member

A free small business networking site I have recently utilized is Alignable. It has built in local and national referral mechanisms that are automatic.
    Alignable: The Small Business Network

djbaxter likes this.
  17. azgold

LinkedIn is typically (not saying always) better for B2B.

djbaxter likes this.