1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Where to List Your Brand-New Business

Discussion in 'Online Marketing and Advertising' started by djbaxter, Aug 11, 2017.

Share This Page

1. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

9 Online Sites to List Your Brand-New Business
    AllBusiness.com
    August 11, 2017

1. Google My Business
    2. Bing
    3. Facebook
    4. LinkedIn
    5. TripAdvisor
    6. Yelp
    7. Manta Small Business Directory
    8. Dun & Bradstreet (D&B)
    9. MapQuest

Read more...

2. Yelp! I can't believe I didn't think of yelp!!! Thank you so much for posting this!!! I have been hitting a wall with marketing and needed a nice refresher. Thanks!!!

djbaxter likes this.
  3. pedrocampos

pedrocampos Member

Think of doing some paid advertisement, not spending too much, but getting enough to make noise in your niche.

djbaxter likes this.
  4. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP Member

I think it would be easy to waste a lot of time if you don't target your efforts well. Some people just plaster their business on every site available but it would be far more efficient to pay attention to where a business' target audience hang outs and concentrate on those platforms.

I have seen people throw their marketing efforts solely on FB but what they're promoting just doesn't fit well there, especially with the groups they belong to. Just an example. A big platform doesn't automatically mean big results. It would serve a business well to do their due diligence and audience profiling. Is it better to promote on local listings, i.e. Yelp and such? Or is global more appropriate? I think that's a good research starting point.

That was my long-winded way of saying the same thing the article author did :) :

"Just make sure you focus on those most relevant to your business. It’s easy to waste time and money on efforts that don’t produce results."

Exactly!

All that said, I love the list. I think it's easy for a small business to overlook sites like MapQuest, D&B, etc. Those don't immediately come to mind when sitting down to plan a marketing strategy.

djbaxter likes this.