What types of businesses are currently hot for entrepreneurs?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:1)

djbaxter

Administrator
Are You Ready to Start a Business This Year?
by Rieva Lesonsky, AllBusiness.com
Feb 2, 2019

What types of businesses are currently hot for entrepreneurs? The top five industries where small businesses are represented are:
  1. Business services - 11%
  2. Food/restaurant businesses - 11%
  3. Health/beauty/fitness - 10%
  4. Retail - 7%
  5. Home services - 5% (This category bumped Automotive services from last year’s No. 5 spot.)
Within those five categories, however, some industries are growing much faster than others....
Read more...

JohnGreen

This is a great post. Knowing where to begin can save you a lot of grief as you start to target your niche prospects. Many people looking to start a business may struggle with the upfront and startup costs. We all know it takes money to make money and the mindset needed in order to achieve this.
Where does consumer goods fall into this top five industries? I ask as everyon needs and uses consumer goods, its a $450 Billion a year industry. Many companies that offer consumer goods are struggling with their posture due to what their products contain and what side effects they can cause. I see this as a huge swing shift as more and more people begin to understand they have a choice now as consumers to avoid the big corporate stores and take control. This to me shows a new posture as finding a company that allows the consumer a choice, a voice, and income with no added investment.

JohnGreen

Perfect...consumer goods covers 2 of the 5 hottest niches. I appreciate your clarity

ckyap

I'm thinking of a business selling extendable poles, household and garden I guess, potentially camping etc. Don't know a lot about the market, being helped by IdeaBuyer. Could be big could be small, indications people don't need long sticks or are happy with crappy ones :)

Providing services and selling goods in online stores will always be relevant. This is especially true of food and home delivery services, such as various pizzas, sushi, seafood and other ready-made lunches or dinners.

ideasunlimited1

Top Poster Of Month
I would be interested in seeing a further breakdown of the fields, ex. what kind of culinary type is the hottest right now or what home services people are really looking for. Ideas Unlimited has hired out to essentially all of those types, but I would be keen on seeing if we're missing out on untapped job positions to hire for.