What Type of Content Is Most Effective for Attracting Website Traffic?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:4)

djbaxter

Administrator
What Type of Content Is Most Effective for Attracting Website Traffic?
by Angel Niñofranco, SearchEngineJournal.com
June 29, 2018

What Type of Content Most Effectively Attracts Traffic?
Here are the results from this #SEJSurveySays poll question.

According to SEJ’s Twitter audience:
  • Written content is the most effective type of content for attracting website traffic – with 40.4 percent of respondents saying so.
  • 34.3 percent view video content as the most effective content form in driving traffic to their website.
  • Visual content is the top traffic-generator for 25.3 percent of the respondents.
  • None of them have found success in using audio content to attract website traffic.
Content-Type-That-Attracts-Website-Traffic.png

Read more...

vitaltelcom

Certainly, video content is the most effective one. Where as, Audio content is not that effective. Most important is what information is delivered.

djbaxter

Administrator
Certainly, video content is the most effective one. Where as, Audio content is not that effective. Most important is what information is delivered.
If you said "visual content", I would agree but not necessarily "video content". Look at your target audience: some demographics prefer video, some do not. Personally in searching for most products or services, I usually avoid videos in preference to static images and written content.

johnmart

Every member aware of the terms "Content is the King" in SEO or Digital Marketing fields. If you want to improve your visibility in search engines, you have to know first what kind of content you should be great for posts.
- Own Written Content get an effective response with 44 %
- Video Content helpful to get genuine traffic with 35 %
- Visual Content help to boost traffic & ranking with 23 %
- Audio and Image Content help to increase Brand Presence with 1 - 3%

buy_ince

As per my point of view written and video content are most effective for drive huge traffic.

In your content you have to care about some points.

1. easy to understand

2. be on point

3. informative

4. unique and original

5. represent in good way

ravva

Ok, Got It, I will try it. Thanks for sharing the very informative information.

John Silva

I had some great results with video, especially using it to turn the audience of social media into users in my site

VirtualGlobalPhone

Top Poster Of Month
No doubt video is very important but its a derivative of content and visual. The article wonderfully direct us to bring a proper balance.

At the end whats main is to put whats important and help customer for him / her to understand and decide in less than 30 seconds.

I had a good response from personal videos or blog vid posts on IG. People really like authenticity and a sense of human connection.

djbaxter

Administrator
I think it greatly depends on your target audience. As I've said more than once before, you need to go where your targets are and interact in a medium they like.

I personally never watch video promotions unless it's a product I already know something about and am already considering buying. Really, I only watch videos that are comedy, music, or less frequently tech videos about SEO and local search. And the only time I even go to Instagram is if a friend or family member is promoting something or has tagged me.

I don't really get Instagram or Pinterest, to be honest, but I know that they are useful for promoting for certain types of products.