What platforms do you use in finding resources?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:5)

SnegyK

Hi all,
I was wondering - what platforms do you use in finding resources. The company I work for is in the IT sector, so we are not limited to hiring people from a particular country only, but we find it very difficult to reach out to a larger number of our targeted resources. Working solely with LinkedIN and forums is 1) VERY time consuming and 2) almost impossible to make someone in the IT sector take you into account. We are planning to reach out to an outsource HR company, but at this point we are still hoping to find people ourselves.

Any advises are welcome - I would love some ideas outside of the usual suggestions like work forums and "post your offer on your website".
Thank you!

Edvin

MVP
I doubt if this answers your question; but, it might be a spring board...

I assume sites like freelance, upwork, and others won't address your need.

It sounds like you are looking for global job boards (as appose to US based dice, monster, indeed, etc).

Some job posting organizations are global or other regions try to capitalize on their name.
For example, if I google monster job china I find monster.com.hk. Similarly, if google monster job india I find monster.com/jobs/q-india-jobs.aspx and monsterindia.com.

You can also try looking at international job search engines.

Last edited:

SnegyK

Thank you for the FU - we are mainly looking to recruit software developers with Java and JavaScript knowledge. We have reached a point where proactive recruitment is much needed as the competition for such resources is hard to fight. I have started looking into Forums and other online platforms where I can find people interested, but this is of less help than I initially hoped. Now I need to come up with new ideas, so any assistance would be appreciated.

Edvin

MVP
Warning: software geek talk

Have you considered having a software analyst/architect or a project manager lead an outsourced agile development, say via Scrum. Many outsource freelance resources (above links) operate within an organization, where they manage their own recruitment efforts; essentially you are dealing with external agency. With a daily scrum meeting and burn-down charts the project manager insures everyone stays on task and the right user stories are addressed. Other development models (i.e. waterfall, spiral, etc) have their benefits; but, I think agile model works best for avoiding scope creep, and project slippage. The development would obviously need to be committed in a version control and I would suggest that each user-story is its own branch, which is later merged in the main QA trunk. Thus, if a user story has a show-stopper defect, it does not need to be merged and it can be moved to next sprint for bug fix.

Last edited:

Jessica A.

Hi all,
I was wondering - what platforms do you use in finding resources. The company I work for is in the IT sector, so we are not limited to hiring people from a particular country only, but we find it very difficult to reach out to a larger number of our targeted resources. Working solely with LinkedIN and forums is 1) VERY time consuming and 2) almost impossible to make someone in the IT sector take you into account. We are planning to reach out to an outsource HR company, but at this point we are still hoping to find people ourselves.

Any advises are welcome - I would love some ideas outside of the usual suggestions like work forums and "post your offer on your website".
Thank you!
Have you tried outsourcing to the Philippines? We have tons of skilled workers in the IT sector. Many employers have had great working relationships with them since they are resilient hard workers. They have already created freedom for themselves on their businesses as well as for the worker since they are working remotely.

Gin

I would also suggest outsourcing for a Virtual assistant (VA), to do the research, find where to locate SW developers, write up a list, then reach out (recruit) for your needed workers. These could be considered separate projects but costs may prove to be less than hiring a f/t recruiter. Good luck!

Emily Gilbert

Hi SnergyK,
I think platforms like Monster, Indeed, Upwork are the best way to hire IT, professionals.
Social networking sites like Linkedin and Facebook are also helpful to hire employees.
Thanks!!

If you need to find resources such as remote manpower, try looking for platforms which offer a variety of skillset and post your vacancy there. That way, you'll be able to find people that would fit your needs and be able to help you with your tasks.
also, another way is to advertise within your company, your staff may be able to recommend persons who are already experienced and can do the job.

Okay, if you're looking for unusual sources, why not check GitHub or StackExchange. I know they're not job or talent platforms per se. But they can help you network with people who have the right set of skills. Get a sense of who are looking for work and recruit on the down low.