djbaxter

Administrator
I'm definitely still wearing masks and social distancing. We're not out of the woods yet with COVID. We don't know what the winter will bring yet and what new variant is around the corner.

twinkle

Same! Masks and distancing.

And avoid unnecessary touching of surfaces, too! I was always fond of holding the rails of an escalator, so I'm definitely NOT going back to that. I don't push public doors anymore if I can help it. I use either my butt or my elbows. I'm keeping my hands to myself.

Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor

And avoid unnecessary touching of surfaces, too! I was always fond of holding the rails of an escalator, so I'm definitely NOT going back to that. I don't push public doors anymore if I can help it. I use either my butt or my elbows. I'm keeping my hands to myself.

I know! It's just so hard to avoid touching the rails. With public stairs too! We've been raised to touch the rails for safety. And I've been on escalators that suddenly stop. Holding on to the rails has kept me steady those times.

JShivell33

I'm definitely still wearing masks and social distancing. We're not out of the woods yet with COVID. We don't know what the winter will bring yet and what new variant is around the corner.

I've been fully vaccinated, but I still wear a mask occasionally when going to the grocery store. I also wash my hands after using the restroom more than I used to. I also practice social distancing.

Dora Wi

MVP

I relate to that a lot, and also, before the pandemic whenever I went to a store such as Ikea I couldn't resist touching blankets etc that looked soft, and I have become more conscious of that and stopped touching stuff.
I also came to like the fact that people keep a distance when queuing and on public transport, though a lot of people have already stopped doing that, sadly.

Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor
I relate to that a lot, and also, before the pandemic whenever I went to a store such as Ikea I couldn't resist touching blankets etc that looked soft, and I have become more conscious of that and stopped touching stuff.
I also came to like the fact that people keep a distance when queuing and on public transport, though a lot of people have already stopped doing that, sadly.

I know what you mean. I like the personal space the social distancing brings.

When it comes to touching stuff, I wonder if there's a study that looked into how it affected retail. I know that touch and smell play a role in purchasing behavior. Now that we avoid touching stuff has it made you less tempted to buy things when you shop?

Dora Wi

MVP
I know what you mean. I like the personal space the social distancing brings.

When it comes to touching stuff, I wonder if there's a study that looked into how it affected retail. I know that touch and smell play a role in purchasing behavior. Now that we avoid touching stuff has it made you less tempted to buy things when you shop?

That's an interesting question indeed. I'm sure super fluffy pillows or clothes are a lot less tempting without touch, especially if you're shopping online. I think it would be difficult to study this, though, because of how other aspects of the pandemic also affected consumer behaviour a lot.

Top Bottom