What is your biggest challenge in sales?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:6)

All of us have areas where we are strong, and areas where we are more challenged. What is yours?

To start the sharing, I find that I am most challenged by dealing with rude gatekeepers. I know it is not a good quality in me, but I often have to fight back the urge to be "snarky" with them, and often find myself knocked into a bad mood after such an encounter.

What challenges you?

All of us have areas where we are strong, and areas where we are more challenged. What is yours?

What challenges you?
To start the sharing, I find that I am most challenged by dealing with rude gatekeepers. I know it is not a good quality in me, but I often have to fight back the urge to be "snarky" with them, and often find myself knocked into a bad mood after such an encounter.

Face to the new challenge is always hard things for us. I am so confuse about your bad mood after such an encounter. If it can be detailed, may be I can be shared more experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealing with rejection always strikes me as the biggest challenge when it comes to sales.
Yes, you must be resilient and "put on your big boy pants" if you want to be a successful sales rep, but at the end of the day, even though business is business, we are all humans with feelings and emotions. Rejection can really take a toll on some sales reps after sometime, especially if they are very passionate people.
But then again, resilience is the way forward!