Some inventions serve to resolve a necessary and imminent problems. The drive to invent and help others is the driving force behind these businesses. Are these more likely to thrive than businesses that are based on fad or wants?
- If a fad has a bigger market than a real solution, the fad will prevail.
- And then, guess what? Marketing, if 2 products are competing for the same market share the one with the better marketing will prevail even if it is inferior and the other one actually solves some problems.
- You know what comes third? Looks, yep, that's right, people will choose your competition over your product if the product of your rival looks prettier. You could have 10 more features but if your product is pretty ugly, guess what?
- Pretty fads that are sold well and have a big enough market will be more successful than actual reasonable business solutions that were marketed all wrong and that don't look as good.
- The way to make real money is to create a market.
- And the mother of invention is market creation now.