What is the BEST piece of advice you've been given?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

As the title says, what's the best piece of advice you've been given, and why?

Someone out there will always have it better than you do, so poor circumstances aren't an excuse to not chase your destiny:)

Time is the most important resource - not money. So be careful on how you spend your time :)

As the title says, what's the best piece of advice you've been given, and why?
Know yourself! I got this form Gary vee. I have not had a mentor or advisor in my life.

Self awareness is very important, because, to be build a sucessful brand, your company has to be a reflection of your values and personality.

Most entrepreneurs want to copy the culture or values of other companies, but they are not in line with them.

If you are a formal guy with the suits and all, your company should reflect that. If you are a casual guy, then dont try to make your company a formal one. Dont build a company by trying to copy others, you will lose.

You have to speak the culture and style of your company because it is a mirror image of you.

But before you can do that, you have to be self aware, you have to know yourself.

Know yourself! I got this form Gary vee. I have not had a mentor or advisor in my life.

Self awareness is very important, because, to be build a sucessful brand, your company has to be a reflection of your values and personality.

Most entrepreneurs want to copy the culture or values of other companies, but they are not in line with them.

If you are a formal guy with the suits and all, your company should reflect that. If you are a casual guy, then dont try to make your company a formal one. Dont build a company by trying to copy others, you will lose.

You have to speak the culture and style of your company because it is a mirror image of you.

But before you can do that, you have to be self aware, you have to know yourself.
Self awareness is everything. The moment I became more self aware, things in my personal life and career improved significantly. At this point in my life if I were giving advice to anyone jumping into a career or starting a business that I received at some point in my life, it would definitely be self awareness. Knowing yourself, your strengths, your weaknesses, your "why?", will serve you well. - Jon

The best advice was given to me by a gentleman named Grant Cardone.
In his "Playbook to Millions", he talks about the importance of showing up.
"90% of success that people encounter is about showing up", he says.
That statement changed the game for me.

"Children will not do as you say, they will do as you do."

I didn't understand this until I had a child and I appreciate that this simple piece of advice can make or break your relationship with your kids.