eWomenNetwork

Mindfulness may be described in many ways. You may have heard of it as taking time for self-care or seen it during a meditation session. But what is it really?

Ryan M. Niemiec, Psy.D., an education director at the VIA Institute on Character, describes mindfulness in three characteristics:
  • Not taking things for granted
  • Returning to the present moment
  • Self-regulation of attention with an attitude of curiosity, openness, and acceptance
Now, for entrepreneurs, mindfulness involves the process of being in tune with your thoughts and body, regularly checking in, and making adjustments based on what you notice. Sound familiar? It’s the opposite of mindlessly doing things or acting out of emotion without intention or strategy to back it up. Know more….

vengelmann

Meditation changed my fatherhood. Visual labeling saved my sleep. It was the only thing that could stop my head from racing. HRV training (a form of bio feedback) with MBR (mind-body relaxation) keeps me in a decent state for focused, relaxed work. Mindfulness is actually underrated. The trick is that you have to build up discipline and do it for some time before you see an impact. And if you stop, you’re back to the wheelhouse.

Top Bottom