1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is driving the need for new SCM software?

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Support, Feedback, and Suggestions' started by Suman Verma, Jan 4, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Suman Verma

Suman Verma Member

Hi,

What are the various supply chain trends worth following in 2018 to adhere to profit ouot of any logistics or supply chain business.

2. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

Hi suman,

I don't know much about the industry to give feedback.
    But, do you mind clarifying what you mean by supply chain; I suspect it will be different per industry.

djbaxter likes this.
  3. Suman Verma

Suman Verma Member

I would like to know about the supply chain tactics and Why is supply chain about much more than merely cost reduction?

4. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

Supply chain is a process, any innovation in its improvement will result in cost reduction.

No one person is responsible for end-to-end delivery; so, Supply Chain Management (SCM) is really about reducing the friction through and between every stage of product life-cycle. SCM is about managing the flow of information/material from supplier to customer.

SCM needs to consider contingency plan, resource planning, environment (competitive, economic, legal), feedback loop, early supplier involvement, training, to name a few..

Start by creating an end-to-end flow-chart the product delivery, and then iron the wrinkles in the process.
    Sometimes it is better to start with easy hanging fruits for quick win; and others it is better to iron-out the largest pain-point first.

5. Suman Verma

Suman Verma Member

I would like to know the need of SCM software. Also, the various ways to implement the same in the process.