What is driving the need for new SCM software?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Hi,

What are the various supply chain trends worth following in 2018 to adhere to profit ouot of any logistics or supply chain business.

Edvin

MVP
Top Contributor
Hi suman,

I don't know much about the industry to give feedback.
But, do you mind clarifying what you mean by supply chain; I suspect it will be different per industry.

I would like to know about the supply chain tactics and Why is supply chain about much more than merely cost reduction?

Edvin

MVP
Top Contributor
Supply chain is a process, any innovation in its improvement will result in cost reduction.

No one person is responsible for end-to-end delivery; so, Supply Chain Management (SCM) is really about reducing the friction through and between every stage of product life-cycle. SCM is about managing the flow of information/material from supplier to customer.

SCM needs to consider contingency plan, resource planning, environment (competitive, economic, legal), feedback loop, early supplier involvement, training, to name a few..

Start by creating an end-to-end flow-chart the product delivery, and then iron the wrinkles in the process.
Sometimes it is better to start with easy hanging fruits for quick win; and others it is better to iron-out the largest pain-point first.

I would like to know the need of SCM software. Also, the various ways to implement the same in the process.