1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to the BizWarriors Forum!
Why not join our community?

What helps you get out of the rut?

Discussion in 'Mindset and Motivation' started by Jessica Danes, Jan 26, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Jessica Danes

Jessica Danes MVP Member

Business isn't always easy. It's often a rollercoaster, just like life. I find at the low points, I have to give myself pep-talks and remind myself why I decided to open up my own store in the first place. It isn't pretty or easy, but I know when I make it to the next high point, it is all worth it.

How do you make it through the tough times of business?

2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Learning something new motivates me, preferably related to the business but not necessarily. Just something to snap me out of the routine. I like learning - it challenges and excites me. :)

3. minisam

minisam Member

What really gets me really motivated and looking forward the the next challenge is mastering something that has been difficult for me im always like "if I can do that, I can sure do the next" and this is always a real pick me up.

4. Travelingsarah

Travelingsarah Member

I like learning new things too. But sometimes you just need to step away from everything and just relax. I make it a point to finish everything up Saturday afternoon and then do nothing related to work on Sunday.

5. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Learning something unrelated to work is one of the options I meant above. Learn a new song on a musical instrument. Learn a new technique with your camera. Learn how to cook something new. Anything which challenges you gets you out of the rut.

6. Adam Toren

Adam Toren Administrator Moderator Member

Great question @Jessica Danes. For me I try and take some time away from the computer & phone and get centered around how I will overcome whatever obstacle comes my way. I have been using a lot of meditation (some of my favorite apps are: Calm, HeadSpace and insight timer). I also take the time to fuel my body with the right types of food and exercise. And lastly, I surround myself with positive people that are uplifting vs the negative nellies that try and bring you down. Then reminding regularly (every morning at least) of your personal core values is also a great reset button that works like a charm to bring me new levels of clarity in business and personal life.

Jessica Danes and Valerie Hart like this.
  7. Valerie Hart

Valerie Hart MVP

I, like @Travelingsarah, try to separate myself from the work whenever. It helps to have a sort of "office" away from home (my local coffee shop). If I feel like I haven't been able to do anything correctly, I try getting some fresh air away from technology. Like @Adam Toren, fresh air and exercise (along with the right food of course) does wonders for the mind.