What do you guys think about Cinema Movie Theater Advertising?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

mrfin

What do you guys think about advertising in movie theaters? I work for a company that does it and trying to find the best angle on how to effectively get the message across. I did a free version page on weebly called movietheateradvertising

Edvin

MVP
Hi mrfin,

Are you asking how I would use it?

As with any marketing media, it needs to somehow be quantified.
For example, marketing birthday-party-store in kids movie will be more effective than an R-rated movie.
We need to know the numbers for estimated reach (later the actual fore compare), audience demographics, and cost. With industry conversion rate to target audience we can estimate its value.
We don't usually see, "mention this ad and get 50% off" messages to quantify the effectiveness of campaign.

Things are not this simple. For example, the viewer is not likely to see the ad again; so, theater advertising might be best positioned as brand reinforcement. Which means it is part of a larger campaign.​

Are you asking if I would use it?

I haven't thought about it; but, I suspect that I would dismiss it because I think time/money is better spent on other media outlet (i.e. social media, online ad, etc).
Are you asking how to market it to entrepreneurs.

Partner-up with media agencies

Engage in direct marketing (online or offline) with your target market
  • Lookup public records for business owners
  • Get database of commercial property owners (since they usually may have multiple businesses

Last edited:

mrfin

Well put my friend. Thank you so much for your insight. You completely read my mind-- because my reasoning behind the post was to get all three of those questions answered! #jedi

Asfan

I think it's a good idea, but people don't really like to watch ads. For example, half of them come 5-10 minutes later than the session to avoid watching ads. There is another idea, you can sort advertising for the audience, such as advertising for adults in horror films, children's advertising respectively on cartoons. I think this will help you. Good luck!

Latest posts