1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What are your thoughts about URL Shortener?

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Support, Feedback, and Suggestions' started by milosparks, Mar 23, 2018.

Share This Page

1. milosparks

milosparks Member

Hey Everyone! We are working on a URL shortener that enables you to offer your audience a custom message + opt-in form just before the content is shared. Would you be interested in this? Yes/No/Why not? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

I'm not sure how to interpret the fact that you posted this in the forum feedback and suggestions section.

If you are asking about using something like this for BizWarriors forum, no. Our Forum Rules explicitly prohibit the use of URL shorteners for a reason: We believe that to protect our members any outgoing links should be clear about the destination of those links.

If you are asking about this more generally, personally my answer also would be no. I rarely use URL shorteners except occasionally for Twitter given the character restrictions. What is currently available is adequate for that purpose and I would have no use for enhancements.

Others may feel differently, of course, but in that case your question should be posted in a different section of this site.

3. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

Hi milosparks,

I see url shortner as one of many strategies for tracking campaign efforts (e.g. print mailer linked to homepage).
    If you are asking if I would use such a tool? Well, I already have a strategy in place; that is, use Google's shortner and a tool like survey monkey, which provides easy form builder and custom logic. Technically, I would probably use limesurvey on my own hosted environment; but, that is a different story.

If you are inquiring about the need for such product; then I would ask why would a marketer want to use your tool as-appose to existing familiar (free/paid) solutions? Without a strategy or differentiator, you may not get the traffic that you are hoping for.

Hope that helps...

Best,
    Edvin

djbaxter likes this.