What are the best productivity apps?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Francis86

Not endorsing it or anything, but I've been using Basecamp for a while now, especially for coordination with freelance teams, and all I can say is it works. Highly recommended for project management. I think it's available on Android and iOS. As for team coordination, I'm using an in-house messaging tool developed as part of the package of free business tools of my company, semilimes. I don't know if it counts as an app, but it's accessible via web (browser based,) iOS, and soon on Android.
For a paid productivity app, I had the most experience with Zoho, when I was still a part of a large company. Not really sure about the price, but I think we were using an enterprise-level account. This is beneficial especially if you have multiple teams with overlapping tasks and other special considerations.

djbaxter

Administrator
I've recently been introduced to Slack.

Works well. I use the desktop version (installs in the system tray with notifications just like email) but also have it installed on as an iPhone app for when I'm away from my desk (again with notifications enabled). It's also available as an Android app.

You can also integrate a large number of other apps into Slack (Google Drive, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc.) if you wish.

Francis86

You can also integrate a large number of other apps into Slack (Google Drive, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc.) if you wish.
I forgot this part! Productivity apps SHOULD really integrate with other apps. The user is not limited to just one tool, and that's really what productivity is about--having the best tools at your disposal, so you could work intelligently and efficiently.

Latest posts