1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What are some Chinese stereotypes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Opportunity Guide, Mar 27, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Opportunity Guide

Opportunity Guide Member

When you hear the word China what are the first few things you think about? Have you ever wanted to visit?

Comment below your thoughts!

2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Honestly?

In no particular order, just off the top of my head:
    • billions of people
    • an ancient civilization
    • Mao Tse Tung
    • Tiananmen Square
    • human rights violations
    • The Great Wall of China
    • cheap electronics, clothing, and toys
    • Chinese medicine
    • Chinese food, dim sum
    • an emerging consumer climate
    • a huge potential market
    • etc.

Charu likes this.
  3. Opportunity Guide

Opportunity Guide Member

Very interesting list. There's a mix of good and bad things, and funny enough, after living in China for nearly two months what you say is pretty accurate. What hit me the most was probably the huge skyscrapers and the traffic being a strange combination of an organised mess! :)

djbaxter likes this.
  4. JohnHolling

JohnHolling Serial entrepreneur, Investor, Mentor Administrator Moderator Member

@Opportunity Guide Great question. I think of all those completed empty cities I've heard about. Is that true?

What brought you to China? Are you there on business?

Cheers!
    John

Opportunity Guide likes this.
  5. Opportunity Guide

Opportunity Guide Member

Hey John,

Yes, those empty cities do exist and it's quite eerie. Huge skyscrapers and everything a normal city has, except no people.

Yes I am here working for a company which helps people bring their business to China. I have learnt a lot about the Chinese laws and how they function with regards to foreigners. Very interesting and truly informative.

Have you ever been to China, or planning to go?

6. JohnHolling

JohnHolling Serial entrepreneur, Investor, Mentor Administrator Moderator Member

Have not been to China, but I'd love to visit. I understand there are some tremendous opportunities there as their markets open up.

7. Waifu Member

Eating dogs?

8. Utpal Member

While the entire world sources its products from China, what you think they export the most? Is electronics is really low cost there?

9. Whenever the word China comes in my mind I think about their economic strategy. They have chosen a path of cheap labouring to produce cheap products that are literally consuming the whole world.

10. Charu Member

Nice information. I want to add more to this information:
    China has the world's largest standing army and second-largest defense budget.
    China is the world's largest exporter.
    The groundwater of 90% of Chinese cities is polluted.
    Every year, about a million girl fetuses are aborted and tens of thousands of girl babies are abandoned in China because of the country's one-child policy.

11. Charu Member

yes, China export the most but their products are cheap because they have cheap labor. Raw material is also cheap because most of them produced in China. But Chinese products are mostly of lower quality than other products. China only has VAT taxation system which allows taxing only to value added services. So production is cheap. Plus, China doesn't charge on export. And the US doesn't have import duty for Chinese goods. China charges on import.