Website Review please: Harvey James Watches

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:1)

Hi Everyone,

We'd like to improve and enhance a website, which is a UK online retailer of watches.

Our primary aim is to increase the conversion rate, so that a higher ratio of people go on to buy the watches.

Please see the site here:

harveyjameswatches.com

The website is built with shopify, so we have some restrictions in terms of what we can do.

We've got lots of our own ideas, but would greatly appreciate your feedback on things we can improve.

Any suggestions for improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :)

VirtualGlobalPhone

MVP
Very nicely done,... I guess shopify should also give you VR (Virtual reality) plugin and support. Its like feel the watch on hand before purchase. Second is bring in more interactive between customers and support staff by using Click to Call plugins to web, Online Chat to name a few.

Best wishes...

djbaxter

Administrator
I agree with VirtualGlobalPhone. Overall, this is a nice clean, professional looking, responsive site and the overall impression is a positive one. I don't know that a virtual reality feature is necessary or even desirable, personally, but I suppose some people like that sort of thing.

Some changes I would strongly recommend:

You have links to these important information buried at the bottom of the page and you have to scroll through a large number of images (too many, in my opinion - the number of Instagram photos could be significantly reduced, maybe a maximum of 6) to even get there. Potential customers need to see these links displayed much more prominently:
  • About Us
  • Returns Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Payments Accepted
Move them to the top of the page.

You might think about adding another page too: "Why Buy From Harvey James?" or "Why Harvey James Watches Are Better Than The Rest" sort of thing.

"Join Our Mailing List" also needs to be featured more prominently.

You can leave Privacy Policy and Terms of Service down there at the bottom. People kind of expect to see them there.

On a small mobile device (iPhone 6), your currency changer obscures your top notice:

2018-06-10_5-34-43.png

VirtualGlobalPhone - your feedback is greatly welcome. VR would be brilliant for the future!

djbaxter - thank you. Your advice is brilliant and much appreciated. Very useful. I am grateful for you having gone through the website and even offering feedback on a design flaw on mobile.

Does anybody else have any feedback please? thanks!

Brand messaging
  • I think overall brand messaging needs to be more accentuated because the brand is new and users are unfamiliar with your brand.
  • How would you best describe your company/brand/product and what differentiates it from the competitors?

Visual appeal
  • Website looks clean overall but is not appealing enough to grab users’ attention and entice them to explore further.
  • Users form design opinions in 17ms.
  • Positive first impressions lead to higher satisfaction.

Genuine reviews
  • User reviews are expected from most shoppers and can help them make a decision.
  • A Moz study found that 67% of consumers read online reviews before they make a purchase.
  • 90% of customers are influenced by online reviews when buying. On average customers read 2-3 online reviews before making a call.

Display security badges
  • As a first time user, I’m not confident if I can trust the website. Add signals to help build credibility/trust.
  • A study conducted by Yankee Group Research, Inc. found that 71% of consumers find it important for ecommerce sites to display a trust seal or logo.
  • One Visual Website Optimizer study found that adding a “100% Money Back Guarantee” badge helped in increasing conversions by 32%.

Make contact information visible
  • Contact information is buried away. Make it more prominent or easier for the user to contact you when they have questions or concerns.
  • Displaying physical address, contact phone number and email address are the top three credibility signals, followed by photos of the organization’s members.

Product in action
  • Sometimes, customers may trust you but are unsure about the quality or real appearance of the product itself. While they trust your description and specifications, that may not be enough to allay all their concerns.
  • One way to reduce that worry is to offer better views of the product with large, high-quality images that show the product from different angles and can be zoomed to magnify.

Look at the data
You may want to look at the data to help answer some of these questions:
  • Who are the users and how do they get to your website?
  • How do they engage with your website?
  • Where do users have problems?

Thank you Asgardian! That is a comprehensive reponse and is greatly appreciated.

I wholeheartedly agree with all the points you raise and have suggested them to the team.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

If anybody else has feedback, it would be warmly welcome as we want to get this site right to increase the conversion rate. Thanks in advance.