urbanks

Hello all,

I'd appreciate if you could provide me with some feedback on my website layout. Is it intuitive? Is it too busy? Not busy enough? Is it clear from the banners, etc what my content is about, what my niche is? I’m unhappy with the speed, but for a year I can’t do anything about that (Wix is the culprit).Here is the site: www.urbanks.co.uk

Hi @urbanks! Your website looks simple and gorgeous. I only have a few small details that I noticed might help someone looking at your website for the first time.
  1. I had to search to find out what your website was trying to tell me. I suggest moving your "About Me" to the sidebar above your book advertisement.
  2. Speaking of your sidebar, try switching the content around to read from top to bottom: About Me, Recent Posts, The Book, Locations, Contact - in my opinion, this reads in order of importance to your readers.
  3. If you box in the titles of your articles and hyperlink them, you will be able remove the repetitive "Explore Further" buttons. It will read cleaner.
Hopefully this helps, and remember it is just one viewers opinion.

urbanks

Ok thank you Valerie, your response is very much appreciated. Thank you for going into quite some detail. I'm going to take all your points on board and carry on tweaking, tweaking, tweaking, while expanding, expanding, expanding content.

I guess I thought building the website was the hard part. 'Build it and they'll come,' I though. I'm now realising that the easy part is done (or nearly done), and now comes the hard part: marketing. I desperately want to increase my traffic from the trickle that I enjoy today to something more substantial. The people that browse do seem to stick around. I just need to attract more of them there. Crash course in marketing, where are you?

Top Bottom