We should recycle old devices

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:7)

Hi friends. As it is a general discussion, so I am sharing a thought of mine that few days ago I was reading somewhere that electronic waste is increasing every day and it is polluting our environment. I was very upset after reading this and thought we should protect our environment, our world.
So I wanted to ask you guys to share your thoughts or ideas that how can we protect our environment and how can we reduce electronic waste?

VirtualGlobalPhone

MVP
isobeldavidson ,
1. as individual the dependency on electronic item need to be reduced.
2. Always buy the best and use it for longer than buying the cheapest one.
3. Ask at-least 10 WHY before you decide to purchase electronic product

As a company - just like Library of books we should have library of Electronic goods where a person / company can take devices on rental at affordable price.

Our house is full of old cables and handfuls of old gadgets. We have a guy in a truck who takes away obsolete computers, car batteries and newspapers as well as drop off points for old cellphones in malls. If you see a problem you can make business from fixing it. In the U.K. I could drop off my old sneakers, it was just by the highstreet.

Completely agree electronic waste is increasing day by day. The technology gets outdated every 5 years especially in the case of mobiles.
I feel the companies should keep an exchange offer to replace the old phone and get a new one. The old phone should be recycled to manufacture new phones.

I heard a question why don't people switch TV sets as often as computers? What's so different about technology that we need upgrades every 5 years that should be done once every 20 years. There aren't that many ways to wash your laundry or chill your food, even drive your car but somehow twists in computers occur. give us the ultimate isn't on the agenda.

djbaxter

Administrator
With computers, tablets, and smart phones the software keeps pace with the latest technology. If your device doesn't, you soon find yourself unable to use certain software. That's why we upgrade computing devices more frequently.

I truly agree. Instead of wasting these electronics which eventually harm our environment, we should recycle them at our earliest. According to the environment report published by the UK’s environment agency, the air quality is going towards a positive change since the mid-twentieth century, but air pollution is still proving to be threat for the living creatures. (source: blog)
So I stand with your thoughts and I encourage all to take their parts in recycling.

I just had an off the wall thought that circuit boards make good bricks but they're kind of more like wafers. bottles and cans were also used as bricks to make earth ship homes... circuit brick walls?