1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Virtual Assistants

Discussion in 'Employees and Human Resources' started by djbaxter, Dec 16, 2016.

Share This Page

1. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

I recently came across an article about general aspects of being a small business owner or entrepreneur. I can't locate the article now but one of the sub-discussions was about the use of virtual assistants.

Have you ever hired a virtual assistant?

If so, what was your experience like? Did it work for you? Would you do it again?

2. Divine Tumenta

Divine Tumenta Member

More specifically, virtual assistants will dominate the workforce in the next 5 years. Gone are the days when people will have to travel the distance to work.

djbaxter likes this.
  3. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator MVP Member

@djbaxter ; Virtual assistant with or without a local phone number is surely a great business - it will surely provide an additional option for the company to look to be more profitable and expand fast.

But demand for quality is still same or better, which is like searching for a pin in the haystack ...

4. Adrianna Nine

Adrianna Nine MVP Member

I agree with @Divine Tumenta in that virtual assistants will begin to dominate the administrative/secretarial workforce pretty soon. This benefits both parties: the assistant doesn't have to commute to work and can stay home with family as needed, and the employer doesn't need to supply an office space.

However, people tend to think that virtual administrative work is somehow easier than the traditional version, which is certainly not the case. Sure, each has its pros and cons -- but at the end of the day, they're at about the same level. Anyway, this causes a lot of possibly unqualified people to flood the hiring pool, creating unnecessary competition (which isn't always a bad thing, but in this case may be) and tension for employers.

djbaxter likes this.
  5. I hired a vitual assistant for marketing taks some years ago and it worked pretty well. You need to be very clear of what you expect from your assistant. I wrote all the tasks I expected from her in a site called clokingit and I could track easily the time she was spending in each task and the progress.

djbaxter likes this.
  6. Melvin Jacobh

Melvin Jacobh Member

Yes you can hire a virtual assistant immediately if you are looking to manage your time. Actually i would say they are the real time savers and i would personally suggest Habiliss for all your tasks.

7. Julia Getsy

Julia Getsy Member

Hi Baxter. I am trying Habiliss virtual assistant services for the past 1 year. I have outsourced the lead generation part of my business to them and they provide me with a more efficient and potential leads. I would refer Habiliss to all .....

djbaxter likes this.