djbaxter

Administrator
Use Events and Wacky Holidays to Attract New and Returning Customers
by Dan Magill, WooCommerce Blog
June 27, 2019

Wacky Holidays and Months
Looking for something to say in the next few months to boost your eCommerce marketing? Find a weird holiday that can connect to your business in some way. Sure, you can go after major holidays like Labor Day and July 4th in the US, or back to school week. And you probably should.

But what about July 6th – International Kissing Day? Or how about these:
  • July 2nd – World UFO Day
  • July 7th – Tell the Truth Day
  • July 12th – Simplicity Day
  • July 28th – Milk Chocolate Day
If July is too soon for your planning, here are some great ones in August:
  • Aug 2nd – International Beer Day
  • Aug 13th – Left Handers Day
  • Aug 21st – Spumoni Day
  • Aug 31st – Eat Outside Day
July is also Ice Cream Month. And, if you’re in finance, July is Bank Account Bonus Month.

Have a salon business? August is Anti-Frizz Month. It’s also Peach Month and Inventor’s Month.

Where to Find Weird Holidays and Months

So many goofy months and holidays exist these days – you’re sure to find several creative ways to capitalize on them. You can find complete lists of wacky holidays on Days of the Year and Time and Date.

Read more...

Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor
Top Poster Of Month
Who comes up with these weird holidays? I know you could make up your own holiday. But how would you get around in having it included in calendar sites like that.

SkyWriting

Who comes up with these weird holidays? I know you could make up your own holiday. But how would you get around in having it included in calendar sites like that.

The general idea is two fold.

1. - That you connect with what people are already thinking.

This one is really HUGE so I'll mention it again:

YOU connect with what THEY are already thinking.

This is central to all marketing of any kind, size or shape.

Connect!

2. - Every single action, motion, or thought must have a "Why" connected to it.

If a person doesn't have a "Why" then they might even stop breathing. Lucky for us we are blessed by our Creator with a number of automatic functions like breathing and a heartbeat. But these can be overridden and without purpose...sometimes people just die. That's how big "Why" is.

Anyway, back to marketing. You proclaim to have a sale.
The "why" is blank ____________ unless the promoter will fill it in. If you don't fill in the blank, then the brain automatically fills in the blank with something like
"They want my money!"

SO to head-off the auto-brain-why-filler you can fill that "Why" ahead of time with "Aug 21st – Spumoni Day ". Is that an annual event for you? Maybe it is.

The customer "wants" a deal. Even "Spumoni Day" will fill the blank...even it is fake.....they will take it. Hey......you might serve free Spumoni. The odds are pretty good the customer will get free spumoni at the least. Let's go to that sale!

So again:
#1 - Connect with what the customer is thinking already - Black Friday Sale!

or

#2 - Fill in your own "Why" before the customer assumes you are just a self serving scammer trying to pick-pocket them. And maybe make it fun, like a "Mom made too much Jello-Sale."

The general idea is two fold.

1. - That you connect with what people are already thinking.

This one is really HUGE so I'll mention it again:

YOU connect with what THEY are already thinking.

This is central to all marketing of any kind, size or shape.

Connect!

2. - Every single action, motion, or thought must have a "Why" connected to it.

If a person doesn't have a "Why" then they might even stop breathing. Lucky for us we are blessed by our Creator with a number of automatic functions like breathing and a heartbeat. But these can be overridden and without purpose...sometimes people just die. That's how big "Why" is.

Anyway, back to marketing. You proclaim to have a sale.
The "why" is blank ____________ unless the promoter will fill it in. If you don't fill in the blank, then the brain automatically fills in the blank with something like
"They want my money!"

SO to head-off the auto-brain-why-filler you can fill that "Why" ahead of time with "Aug 21st – Spumoni Day ". Is that an annual event for you? Maybe it is.

The customer "wants" a deal. Even "Spumoni Day" will fill the blank...even it is fake.....they will take it. Hey......you might serve free Spumoni. The odds are pretty good the customer will get free spumoni at the least. Let's go to that sale!

So again:
#1 - Connect with what the customer is thinking already - Black Friday Sale!

or

#2 - Fill in your own "Why" before the customer assumes you are just a self serving scammer trying to pick-pocket them. And maybe make it fun, like a "Mom made too much Jello-Sale."

I agree with you connect with what they already thinking. Just do a little modification to be more unique from the other. Think something that can attract the customer.

Top Bottom