1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Updates to BizWarrior Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Support, Feedback, and Suggestions' started by djbaxter, Jan 8, 2017.

Share This Page

1. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

The forum software has been updated with a new style (albeit closely resembling the old style) and some new features. Some further tweaking to be done over the next 2-3 days.

If you notice any glitches or bugs or missing features, please report them here.

2. djbaxter

The forum software and style was updated today to the latest versions.

This was a minor bug fix update so you probably won't see anything changed or missing but if you do please report it in this thread.

azgold and Adam Toren like this.
  3. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

Hi djbaxter,

My one of my postings is showing images as "View attachment ####" as appose to the picture. Updating BB code didn't help either.

On a different note, the forum does not allow searching for short texts; like "CRM".

4. djbaxter

I'll check that out.

That's not a limitation of the forum per se. It's a limitation of MySQL databases (and most other databases for that matter). Minimum is 4 characters.

There is a server add-on called Sphinx search which gets around that limitation but it has it's own issues and problems in installation and maintenance. I used it on one forum a few years back and it was great while it lasted but then one day it crashed after an update and I could not get it working again. For the number of times it's essential, it's not worth the headache.

5. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

Understood.

6. djbaxter

Very strange. I'm not sure what happened there, to be honest, although it might have been a conflict with a little Christmas decoration thing I added to the forum today. I have disabled that now.

The strangest thing was I downloaded each of the attachments and then added them to the post. And when I did that, the original copies reappeared, so there were now two copies of each image.

That tends to confirm for me a strange conflict with the Christmas decorations addon, which was cute but certainly not worth messing up out posts. :)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Check your post now - it should be fine. If it still looks odd in your browser, try clearing the browser cache in case it's still loading a cached copy of the previous version.

7. djbaxter

Actually, I think there was another issue with your thread, Edvin.

I think you are likely approaching the limits of how long a post can be for the forum software. When I went back to view it, the images had disappeared again.

I moved part of the first post into the top of your second post in the thread and had to reconstruct the thread again.

In future, try breaking a long post into part 1 and part 2 and part 3 if necessary.