Tips on generating leads

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:6)

djbaxter

Administrator
Interesting idea... although it seems a little sneaky and I wonder whether that isn't violating privacy guidelines. I wonder if that might violate Google guidelines? I don't mean using the email addresses to send individuals the specific information they requested - I mean using the email addresses for any other purpose. If you do that, it's technically not a double opt-in and could well get you blacklisted or in trouble with CANSPAM as well.

What do other members think?

Edvin

MVP
Top Contributor
As long as they are able to deliver a quote immediately based on their message; I don't see anything wrong with it.
Fill in the questions and know the answer in under a minute?
An estimate calculator sent via email is no different than providing an email to get an ebook.

A service is provided per individual's request; but, all future marketing emails must honor existing opt-out options (if one exists)

I like the strategy, and wonder how I can mimic this model. For example:
Do you want to how how many hours your child needs to improve his/her grade? Answer the following grades:
1) What grade is your child
2) What subject is he/she struggling
3) What is her current grade
4) Provide your email so we send you estimate of hours...
Thanks for sharing Jessica.

One of the biggest keys to a successful business is the generation of new sales leads. Without leads, a sales team cannot be successful. Therefore, generating good leads is just as important as refining your pitch or closing well.

There are a lot of great methods to find leads:
  • Content Marketing
  • Customer referral
  • SEO, SEM and PPC
  • Social media marketing
  • Display Advertising
  • Direct Mailing
  • Use lead generation softwares & services

There are many ways to generating new leads like SMO, SEO, Email Marketing, Social media marketing, affiliate marketing and so on.

Generating leads - that's what we all strive for!
As mentioned before, there's a whole array of ways you can use to accomplish this but my favorite ones will have to be social media and content marketing - obviously biased because , (1) I love writing and providing people with actual helpful resources and (2) because I feel like social media is a great way to get close to people; and people will always be the absolute core of Marketing to me.

Simply put, content marketing strategy.
Create content that would interest your target audience.
Create a compelling opt-in specific to that post that gives them something in exchange for their email.
Give value up to 6-8 emails.
Promote your product and go in for the ask.
Repeat.