1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The Ultimate Guide to Blogging

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by djbaxter, Jun 7, 2017.

Share This Page

1. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

A nice overview of All Things Blogging: How to get started, how to choose what to blog about, marketing and maintaining your blog, and more.

Blogging: the ultimate guide
    by Marieke van de Rakt, Yoast.com
    June 6, 2017

The ultimate guide to blogging
    We all know blogging is one of the most important SEO tactics to improve your rankings.... Over the years, we've written countless articles on writing posts and setting up and maintaining a blog, but we've never collected all that information in one all-encompassing Ultimate Guide. That, however, has changed: Marieke has just hit Publish on an excellent overview of all things blogging. Don't miss it!

Read The Ultimate Guide to Blogging

VirtualGlobalPhone and azgold like this.
  2. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP Member

Awesome article, @djbaxter ! Lots of detail.

I particularly wanted to read it because it was on Yoast. I use their plugin and I think it's great. Loved it more before the Google animals got loose but that's not their fault and it's still a great product. Point is, they're experts on this stuff, I trust it and was eager to read the juicy details. :D

Thanks!

VirtualGlobalPhone and djbaxter like this.
  3. Mark J Peterson

Mark J Peterson Member

Thanks for sharing this article. On the topic of readability, I'd like to share how I make sure my articles meet that criteria.

First, I write every post in the Hemingway App. This helps ensure that my post is easy to read by avoiding difficult to read sentences, unnecessary or hard to understand words (adverbs and technical terms), and isn't passive in voice. I shoot for a 6th to 9th grade reading level and 400 to 500 words.

Second, I paste every post into Grammarly to do another check for spelling and grammar issues. This is a must. The worst thing we can do is write a post that isn't grammatically correct. Your authority will erode if you do.

Finally, I publish from Hemingway to my WordPress site and then let Yoast help me make the final adjustments to get the green light. Following steps 1 & 2 have always resulted in a green light, but Yoast always helps me find one or two readability improvements.

djbaxter likes this.