TikTok just released a new study on the importance of sound when marketing on their platform:
1625138975121.jpg
You don't need to make your own music to add sound to your TikTok posts. You can use the platforms extensive Commercial Music Library to add sound to your post. Who knows? Your next post might turn into the next viral craze!

djbaxter

Administrator
Depending on the type of ad, sound is probably important for any medium.

A national retail store, online and offline, is currently running an ad on Facebook that I keep seeing. The model in the ad is moving her lips and moving around, dancing at points, and yet there is no sound at all. When I first saw it, I thought there was something wrong with my phone but no... there's no sound on the ad at all. It just looks stupid.

Depending on the type of ad, sound is probably important for any medium.

A national retail store, online and offline, is currently running an ad on Facebook that I keep seeing. The model in the ad is moving her lips and moving around, dancing at points, and yet there is no sound at all. When I first saw it, I thought there was something wrong with my phone but no... there's no sound on the ad at all. It just looks stupid.
I hear you :thumbsup

I love music, a dancer at night!!

I ran a test once with background music and my signup rate was high, but the odd person who complained were extremely upset - of course I didn't cater to the .01% 🤣😂😅

Default for video is mute and we're doing Text-overlay for those who opt to watch without sound - this group is so large that a lotta lotta videos now have transcript-overlay

djbaxter

Administrator
Understood. The ad I'm talking about had no option to turn on sound and no text overlay. Nothing. It was like watching a silent movie without the interstitial subtitles.

After posting this, I saw the ad again last night on Facebook but this time it did have a button to un-mute the sound.

But... I saw it again this morning: no sound and no un-mute button.

I think either the company (HBC or Hudson's Bay Company in Canada) messed up the ad or Facebook did.

I think either the company (HBC or Hudson's Bay Company in Canada) messed up the ad or Facebook did.

Interesting ... did you try looking at the Ad on a different browser?

Sometimes some web elements don't work properly and when viewed in another browser, it works.

Presume your browser is the latest version?

Above is just my 1st thought - you might be correct, as well, HBC could be doing split-testing with sound/mute to see which Ad Creative gets better CTR???

Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor
I just saw a TikTok post that highlighted the importance of putting in the right sound/music with your post.

I wasn't really watching it (my husband was). I thought the post was about something violent because they were using aggressive heavy metal music. There was a picture of an older man and a younger woman. And the first thing that came to my mind was: "Oh my goodness, is this post about domestic abuse? Why are they allowing this on TikTok? Why is my husband watching this"

Turns out is was about a father and daughter's weight loss journey and they were promoting the program they used. It came up in my hubby's feed because he is trying to lose weight.

Top Bottom