The Importance of a VPN

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

I was thinking about using a VPN because of my internet privacy. VPN is very necessary for every internet user because it protects you from scammers, hackers and cyber-goons. There are lots of VPN reviews I read by searching on Google. Finally, I found PureVPN, it's easy to use and cheap.

djbaxter

Administrator
There are numerous options today for VPNs and they can range in price from "free" to $35 a year to several hundred dollars a year. It's important to check out the details of their service and any limitations on your usage (speed, bandwidth) as well as the price before locking yourself in to a contract. A lot cepends on what you intend to use it for.

See these articles for reviews and options:

With the peak of the Internet more and more people are getting their business and personal stuff online. But that also has its consequences: it is the privacy and security, or more importantly, lack of. Here are some basic tips to make your life more private and secure:
  1. Don’t open shady links. Now that’s an obvious one but often forgotten. ‘X tagged you in this’ or ‘look at this cute photo’ should always be taken with the grain of salt. Especially if you don’t often communicate with that person or that link doesn’t look too good like www.asdgsdg.com/photo.exe'
  2. Use quality antivirus software. Use something free like Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials or if you are willing to pay: Eset NOD32. Don’t skimp on this, it could save your digital life.
  3. Use a premium VPN. Nowadays you can barely trust your ISP to not log or use your data for potential gains. Especially in the US where they can sell your data to the advertisers. Pretty scary right? Pick something like NordVPN and get military grade security with respect to your privacy. I’ve dug out this coupon code earlier (USENORD60) which gets you 1 year of VPN for $60. Pretty good value I think.
  4. Use social media conservatively. Even if you take all the necessary precautions but post on Facebook that you aren’t home right now, it isn’t really safe is it?
  5. Even more, I recommend not using social media, because they track you. Everybody tracks you online. Limit yourself of Google, use Duck Duck Go for searching, Privacy Badger for tracking cookies and HTTPS Everywhere extensions for security, ProtonMail for securely encrypted mail. Also, you could get one of the safest OS out there, Tails.
Here are my 2 cents. Hope these tips about privacy and security are useful to someone. If you have any questions do let me know.

I was thinking about using a VPN because of my internet privacy. VPN is very necessary for every internet user because it protects you from scammers, hackers and cyber-goons. There are lots of VPN reviews I read by searching on Google. Finally, I found PureVPN, it's easy to use and cheap.
This post seems like a subtle spam post but in any case, a VPN does NOT protect you from "scammers, hackers, cyber goons". In fact, a VPN does not protect you from anything at all. All it does is make you seem like you are from a different IP, for whatever purpose that may be useful.

djbaxter

Administrator
This post seems like a subtle spam post but in any case, a VPN does NOT protect you from "scammers, hackers, cyber goons". In fact, a VPN does not protect you from anything at all. All it does is make you seem like you are from a different IP, for whatever purpose that may be useful.
There is no indication that Freddie Odom has any connection with PureVPN other than he likes it. And the link he provided does not contain any affiliate information that might benefit him.

We are very vigilant about spam and self-promotion at BizWarriors but I think it's also a good strategy and more respectful to give your fellow members the benefit of the doubt. If you have a concern about any post, click on the Report button at the lower left of the post and provide details of your concern. All post reports are promptly investigated.

That said, your general comment about VPNs is correct.

VPNs are important both for personal use and for business purposes, at least I believe small businesses can benefit from VPN software. I'm working as a freelancer and use Surfshark for about two weeks, previously I used CyberGhost, but their speeds tend to drop from time to time. And you can set-up Surfshark on any amount of devices, so I use it on my work MacBook and personal computer at home. Surfshark also offers an 83% discount for Black Friday, they announced "BLACKSHARK" coupon to get it. Maybe it will help some of you out.