1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thank you for the add I own a misc. Construction company I serve homebuilders and commercial

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Outlaw33, May 18, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Outlaw33

Outlaw33 Member

I trouble shoot for new home builders and commercial projects every thing to do with home construction and commercial construction I know that sounds vague but is easier to say what I don't do than what I do I started this company in 98 and failed in 2008 now im going after it again starting at the bottom all over I like to say it's not how you fall that matters but how you get back up

azgold and Globexcapitalfunding like this.
  2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Welcome to BizWarriors, @Outlaw33.

So you're restarting the same company? I'd like to hear more of the story... what went wrong in 2008 and what you're trying to do differently this time.

3. Adam Toren

Adam Toren Administrator Moderator Member

Welcome to the forum! Yes, I'd also like to hear what you plan on doing differently. And yes, this is definitely true:

4. Outlaw33

Outlaw33 Member

5. Outlaw33

Outlaw33 Member

Honestly that's when construction died over note I held on as long as I could but it just didn't happen for me I plan on this time picking up enough private sector work to float me if it happens again try to find a balance between new const. And residential so if building slows I still have services available for homeowners

VirtualGlobalPhone and djbaxter like this.
  6. Outlaw33

Outlaw33 Member

I truly started with a sledgehammer and a borrowed trailer not enough money to pay dump fees my first job was to bust out 13 drive ways that where poured wrong I hand to borrow gas money but I turned that into 500 thousand a year 8 full time employees bobcats mini ex's dump trucks loaders I was very blessed went though a real bad time in my life sold everything for nothing now starting back in same spot broke but with an indomaitable will to succeed also had concrete comp. And dump truck company so I've been around just hope I have same drive at fifty as my son is my equal partner and I want to leave to him

djbaxter likes this.
  7. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

That's a courageous story. Thank you for sharing that.

And I would agree that in these times you likely need some diversification between commercial construction and residential construction and renovation to protect you from the swings of one or the other market.

8. Outlaw33

Outlaw33 Member

Thank you

9. Outlaw33

Outlaw33 Member

Thank you for the interest it was tough the first go around but I made it im now 50 yrs. Old and hope I can manage it again im trying to show my nineteen year old son you can do anything you set your mind to its been a little tougher this time around I thought I had enough money for licensing but I came up short so im unable to go after primary customers just yet

10. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP Member

Hi, @Outlaw33 and welcome! :)

Yeah, a housing market crash and national financial crisis can have that affect on people, unfortunately.

LOVE this! Great words to live by.

I agree with you and DJ. It's a good idea to have your eggs in more than one basket.

1. Success doesn't care how old you are :)
    2. Sounds like you're already teaching your son a good attitude and work ethic for creating his own success, too

An important goal - save up for the necessary licensing. Meanwhile, you're taking action to get things rolling, which is excellent!

Very best of luck on this new leg of an old journey! Anytime you have a question or need help, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums!

djbaxter likes this.
  11. Outlaw33

Outlaw33 Member

Thank you for the response