1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to the BizWarriors Forum!
Why not join our community?

Task management software for remote team

Discussion in 'Employees and Human Resources' started by VKar, Apr 5, 2017.

Share This Page

1. VKar

VKar Member

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a good task management software. Right now we are using Basecamp, but it doesn’t have much features and it’s quite hard to work with. The biggest drawback is that there is not enough opportunity to create and observe subtasks and related tasks. What software is recommended to use for remote teams? Thanks.

Adam Toren likes this.
  2. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez Member

Hey @VKar, here's a short list of project management software I've come across. Keep in mind I'm looking at this through the eyes of a member of a software team, so if you have other needs, these might not be the best for you...

(Note: I haven't created enough posts on bizwarriors to add links, so I've added a search term to use to look it up, I'll update with links when I have permissions)

Jira
    At work, I use Atlassian's Jira (search for "jira"). It seems to be somewhat of an industry standard, for better or worse. It has a ton of features, and frankly it feels a bit heavy-handed at times, but it gets the job done if you're willing to put time into learning how it works.

Pivotal Tracker
    I've heard good things about Pivotal Tracker (search for "pivotal tracker"). I haven't used it as much as Jira but friends that have used it say they like it "better", whatever that means :)

Snowy Evening
    One other option that I haven't used, but looks very cool, is Snowy Evening (search for "snowy evening tracker"). I'm going to give this a shot for my next project.

Let us know what you go with!

Edit: added links ~ @djbaxter

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
    Adam Toren likes this.
  3. M_J

M_J Member

Hi there. I would recommend to go with cloud based software. I've tried different ones, and I can recommend using Deskun (it works inside Gmail) or Trello. If you don't have developers in your team, these might work just fine for you.

4. Ilya Shainov

Ilya Shainov Member

Do you think software for daily standup meeting will help with task management in agile team?