JMcMahon

Hello Biz Warriors!

As this is my first official post (not including the intro), I do hope that this is in the correct category. My apologies if it is not.

I am looking to start an online side-business to supplement my current full time job. I have looked into a few ideas such as dropshipping, niche marketing (through clickbank adverts), and several other options.

I would like to hear from all of you on ideas for low maintenance online startups. I'm NOT looking for the typical "make $10k a month from home with this!... blah blah" sort of stuff, I'm simply looking for a way to make a few extra $100 a month to treat my wife to a nice dinner once in a while, or to finally replace my junker computer. My current full-time job already has me working 10 hours a day, and when I get home I am usually busy helping my wife to take care of my son. Ideally, something that only takes at most 30 minutes - 1 hour daily would be adequate.

If, in your description, you could include the rough startup costs (assuming I haven't already purchased a web host and domain), and a rough estimate on daily or weekly maintenance required, it will greatly help me to assess which idea would work for me.

I look forward to hearing and testing your ideas!

Sincerely,

J

djbaxter

Administrator
What are your personal interests and/or hobbies? Regarding those options you have already researched, which among them appealed to you at all?

JMcMahon

What are your personal interests and/or hobbies? Regarding those options you have already researched, which among them appealed to you at all?

Thanks for your reply. I have a wide variety of personal interests and hobbies ranging anywhere from animal keeping to Zeppelins (A-Z! funny, no?). But to answer your question in regard to the previous research, Dropshipping seemed like a top contender as it only requires a hosting service, a domain, and a little time to set up. Apart from that it only requires some effort for marketing. I'm thinking to use an affiliate service at a point where I can afford it, in order to expand my sales at only a slight loss in profit.

My only concern with it is that since the products are made by the lowest bidder (i.e. china / taiwan), many safety and quality steps are skipped to minimize costs. I will need to painstakingly pick and choose my suppliers and will need to spend some time and money to sample their products beforehand (mostly time, as I only pay for shipping and wait a month...). If someone orders the product and the supplier decides to change the design or color without notice, the customer will not be happy.

pedrocampos

My advice to you is to find a good affiliate program within a niche that is interesting to you and start from there. It`s the single best way to starting online.

Gin

there are many side hustles that you can do even with apps on your iphone! do a search online for 'make money with apps'. You may just find something fun and interesting. Good luck!

Top Bottom