More threads by DeanG

DeanG

I'm finding I'm struggling with my own success barriers. I've got my vision. I know what I can accomplish and what work I need to do, but I just can't seem to shake this internal barrier I put. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, any advice on how you overcame it?

Thanks in Advance!

djbaxter

Administrator
I'm finding I'm struggling with my own success barriers. I've got my vision. I know what I can accomplish and what work I need to do, but I just can't seem to shake this internal barrier I put. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, any advice on how you overcame it?

Thanks in Advance!

What do you mean by "success barriers" and "internal barriers"?

VirtualGlobalPhone

Top Poster Of Month
DeanG , As a human beings we get fascinated with new found "Power of Language and communication". We tend to use this everywhere. The trick is to balance this and not to use when you are in ACTING FACE.

Example - when you are running you don't debate why you can or cant be like Usain Bolt. You just run ... and reach your goal.

Business is also like that... Think about it.

Best wishes..

Dora Wi

MVP
I would say my 'success barriers' would be fear of failure. Internal barriers is the thoughts I have regarding what I need to do, my goals etc. I stop myself from doing what I need to do like a mental block.

The first step is always acknowledging the feelings and beliefs that hold you back - which you have already done, and that's great. Thinking about where those fears come from and working through past experiences can also help - is your self-esteem low, has anything happened that could make you afraid of failing, things like that. From then on, try to rationally reframe your thoughts. For example, if you think "I'm going to fail", try to find "evidence" that supports and refutes that belief - you may come to the conclusion that there's little or no rationale to your negative thoughts; or try to look at what are the things you can and cannot control, and try to let go of worrying about the latter category.

DeanG

The first step is always acknowledging the feelings and beliefs that hold you back - which you have already done, and that's great. Thinking about where those fears come from and working through past experiences can also help - is your self-esteem low, has anything happened that could make you afraid of failing, things like that. From then on, try to rationally reframe your thoughts. For example, if you think "I'm going to fail", try to find "evidence" that supports and refutes that belief - you may come to the conclusion that there's little or no rationale to your negative thoughts; or try to look at what are the things you can and cannot control, and try to let go of worrying about the latter category.

Thank you!

dcmarketer

Thanks in Advance!

I can't propose a "great book," however Tony Robbins' Awaken the Giant Within will give you a general understanding of self-sabotage and achievement hurdles. That topic is covered in most NLP texts. Additionally, you can read literature on cognitive psychology.

QRCode

QR Code
Top Bottom