Starting New Ad Biz

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Hi:

Name's Michael and I am with tribedoor.
It is an eCommerce site designed to focus on the small town shopping experience and showcase small business products/services etc.
I am looking to get feedback from small business on my website.
Any feedback you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time
Michael

djbaxter

Administrator
I just had a quick glance at your site at Welcome to TribeDoor.com

Before I go any further, I am confused about what this site is supposed to do, what the costs are to the user (to the small business owner), etc. None of that seems to be explained on your site as far as I can tell.

My quick impression (very quick so I may be wrong) is that you are selling ads for small business and/or providing a small business directory for certain locations. Is that the case?

Hi @djbaxter

Thanks for the review of the site. Answers Below

Before I go any further, I am confused about what this site is supposed to do, what the costs are to the user (to the small business owner), etc. None of that seems to be explained on your site as far as I can tell.
Good points, we'll add some clarity in the about section.
Site is designed around exploring what a small town has to offer via the entertainment/products/services that small businesses within the town have.
Cost is free for small biz the first 3 months then $20 a month to list afterwards, no cost to visitors. Includes the ability to delete and control flow of reviews to business via a review key created by the small biz. This is to ensure that the people who reviewed the biz were genuinely customers.

My quick impression (very quick so I may be wrong) is that you are selling ads for small business and/or providing a small business directory for certain locations. Is that the case?

In effect yes. In this case though, content is king in the directory. Businesses listed within the town have the ability to shape the search results merely by tagging their content accordingly. No business webpage or SEO needed, it can vary from town to town.
We want to take the older simplicity of looking at a phone book and finding what you want locally and combine that with making it easier for local businesses to stand out.

Thank you for looking at the site. This site is awesome by the way, I particularly like the most recent 10 lists it has to keep people advised about most recent commentary.

Have a solid one
Michael