Hey Everyone,

I am from Australia and I will move to South America for a year to live there as I holidayed there and loved it! .

I have been working in the Information Technology industry for 7 years and my speciality is Systems Administration where I have worked for various organizations over the years and have operated at a technical senior level in my last role with a nice pay cheq J

I am planning a head and I am willing to invest $ 20,000 US dollars on something but have no idea on what type of an online business or service I could do to make some money !

I remember when I was a teenager I did worked for those online freelancing sites where I managed to make like $ 90 a week on average and was on standby a lot and worked extra hard and didn’t even make minimum wage and it was just not worth the income.

I am more than fine to live in South America without being employed but I want to do something!

Does anyone have any ideas? Or any experience

Cheers :)

azgold

MVP
There are lots of options for making money online. What are you interested in or especially good at?

You could freelance, do affiliate marketing, CPA, Amazon, develop a website and sell ad space or products, do email marketing, etc., etc.

How cool that you're going to live in South America for a year! :)

There are lots of options for making money online. What are you interested in or especially good at?

You could freelance, do affiliate marketing, CPA, Amazon, develop a website and sell ad space or products, do email marketing, etc., etc.

How cool that you're going to live in South America for a year! :)

Yeah I recently looked into that.

I was thinking of building a platform (website) that is integrated with Ali Express, E bay and Amazon for a certain niche.

The niche would be fitness clothing - So I create a single website where it has listings from Ali Express, Amazon and Ebay

I have a couple of questions though ....

Is it true that you only get 2 percent of the sale from the affiliate program? For an example if my website sells a shirt that's worth $ 100 will I only get $ 2 ?

Also who will do the customer support ? For an example if my site lists an item from Amazon and someone purchases it and the customer has a complaint about the item would they know to directly email the Amazon retailer or would they come directly to me ?

Cheers !

Much Love !

djbaxter

Administrator
I was thinking of building a platform (website) that is integrated with Ali Express, E bay and Amazon for a certain niche.

The niche would be fitness clothing - So I create a single website where it has listings from Ali Express, Amazon and Ebay

I have a couple of questions though ....

Is it true that you only get 2 percent of the sale from the affiliate program? For an example if my website sells a shirt that's worth $ 100 will I only get $ 2 ?

That depends on the terms of the individual affiliate program, the specific type of product or dollar value of the product, and in some cases on how much you sell of that product or product type from your site (tiered commissions).

For example, see Amazon.com Associates Central:

TABLE 1 – Fixed Standard Program Fee Rates for Specific Product Categories

associates_rates_table_20170301._V534661838_.png

Also who will do the customer support ? For an example if my site lists an item from Amazon and someone purchases it and the customer has a complaint about the item would they know to directly email the Amazon retailer or would they come directly to me ?

Since the product ships from the company and not from you, returns or complaints would generally go back to the source. For example, Amazon withholds commissions for a certain length of time to allow for returns, which of course would be deducted from any commissions owing.

Last edited:
Cheers for the information,

For the amount of input I have to put in for the return I do not believe it is worth my time and efforts,

got to think of something else.

Is there a way to PM people in this forum?

Looks like that feature is disabled on my account.

djbaxter

Administrator
Is there a way to PM people in this forum?

Looks like that feature is disabled on my account.

No, it's not disabled for any logged in member. Xenforo, the forum software we use, calls them "Conversations", which can be a private conversation with an individual other member, or it can be a group conversation with several other members.

Near the right end of the floating navigation bar, you will see a little envelope icon:

PM-conversation.png

Click on this and you will see a dropdown menu with a list of any recent previous conversations and at the bottom a link to "Start a new conversation":

PM-dropdown.png

If you click on that link, a new page will open where you specify a title for the conversation, the recipient(s) of the message who can then participate in the conversation, and the body or text of the conversation:

start conversation.png

When you're ready, click the Start a Conversation button. And you're done. :)

start conversation-submit.png

Ashley John

With $ 20,000 US dollars I think you can easily start a live video streaming business like Periscope. Nowadays people are more engaging with vlog or video streaming app. There are lots of monetizing model for it.
  • Pay per view live broadcasting.
  • Asking your viewers to subscribe to your website to view the videos.
  • Get in touch with sponsors who like your video content.
  • Use crowdfunding to ask people to help create content for your website.

azgold

MVP
With Amazon, the more items you sell in a month, the higher your commissions. Up to x number of items, you get a certain percentage; between x and x number of items, you move up to the next level. I can't remember the number of items per level but I think the percentages are something like 4% and 6%. They do everything, as far as ordering, shipping, customer service, returns, etc. All you have to do is advertise it and try to get people to buy the product(s).

I totally agree with most of the recommendations about starting a business or any work online. Some good jobs online are by paid surveys, online tutoring, website testing, content writing and blogging. You can also start an online store and promote it in any of the social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Yedah

@idrownfish I have some experience with Freelancer sites too and I know for sure you can make much more money than $90/week. Several years ago I tried with Freelancer and I would get some projects from time to time but this was not enough for living. After some years I tried again and joined several Freelance sites. the most successful for me has been Upwork (oDesk in the past) The secret it's to do the best job you can and also start with a lower rate than you would like. Once you profile starts to look good (5 star reviews, several worked hours, etc) you can up your rates. You could get long-term clients and therefore you will not need to be searching all weeks for new clients. This way I have an small base of clients that give me enough work.

I, as you, want to create something bigger, as I'm limited by the amount of hours I can work in a day. I plan to create an online shop with visual media and infoproduct templates.

You could offer remote IT services to an interesting niche for example. I think it's important to have some kind of experience in the business you want to start. If you want to create something bigger maybe a site that connects clients with IT freelancers. I always thought that websites that connect people with people are one of the greatest ideas (places like Upwork that connect clients with freelancers, Trusttedhousesitters that connects home-owners with people that want to travel, etc.)

Nowadays there are many options that one can make money online. It depends in which part you are interested in or especially good at? You could freelance, do affiliate marketing, CPA, Amazon, develop a website and sell ad space or products, do email marketing and lots more. It also depends on the terms of the individual affiliate program.

Top Bottom