Start a Blog and Make Money Online

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

djbaxter

Administrator
How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online
by R.L. Adams, Entrepreneur.com
July 21, 2017

While it's relatively straightforward to begin a blog, it's a monumental undertaking to generate any semblance of traffic and profit from your arduous efforts. You need laser-focus and persistence to build an audience or reach mass saturation with your prose. It takes time and it takes long and drawn out evenings burning the proverbial midnight oil.

Take it from me. As a blogger who's built a substantial platform with hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors, I can bask in the warm glow of success. However, I can't sit around for too long enjoying the freedom and passive income that my blog has created. Without constantly adding insatiable content, any blog can die off.

So, what does it take to start a successful blog and actually make money online? I suppose that depends on what you consider successful and what you consider making money. If, like millions of other potential bloggers out there, you're looking to rake it in, you'll have a long road ahead.

But if you're willing to put in the time and the effort, and you can stay persistent over the years (and yes, I said years), then you can most certainly generate a substantial income online. In fact, your blog is quite possibly one of the best hubs of passive income generation, and if done the right way, it can attract the right clients and customers no matter what industry or niche you might be in.
Read more...

Excellent concepts from an expert.

One additional benefit of blogging is the fact that a blog is a great time saver.

Back linking and sending direct links to customers, clients and potential teaming partners allows your content, once written in the blog to be utilized again and again with little investment in time and resources.

I have been blogging for 10 years. I have found through hard experience that it is best to divide opinions from professional assistance offerings.

I have Google Adsense and site metering on both the sites I maintain.

The Blog containing professional assistance to small business earns orders of magnitude more traffic than the opinion blog and proportionately more earnings. People want help more than they want opinions. Neither site has made me rich and I did not set them up for that purpose.

SMALL BUSINESS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING (SBFGC)

Rose Covered Glasses

It took the better part of a year to build up traffic. I view blogging as an auxiliary enhancement to marketing my non-profit foundation as well as the foundations Isupport and staying in touch with Veteran Issues.

The most useful feature of blogging to me is a time saver. I can write an article once and send 50 clients to it in the course of my advisory work. That saves me enormous amounts of time.

I spend roughly 3 hours a day blogging and site maintenance, maintaining books and reference materials in BOX at the sites free to the public. The majority of my time is devoted to counseling specific small business clients and blogging is vital to that mission.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe