SMBs Don’t Want Calls & Probably Will Delete Your Emails

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

djbaxter

Administrator
SMBs Don’t Want Calls & Probably Will Delete Your Emails. Now What?
by Joe Morsello, LSA Insider
October 30, 2018

A new LSA and Mono Solutions report which focused on SMB buying habits when it comes to marketing software and tools... reveals that across the digital marketing stack it is more common for SMBs to self-purchase than to purchase through an agency or rep.

Despite these findings, some major media and technology companies continue to prioritize traditional inside sales efforts. Others are taking advantage of comprehensive digital strategies that offer lead generation through tried and true digital tactics like SEO, content, email, reviews, etc. While easier to integrate, traditional sales aren’t what the majority of SMB/B2B buyers want.

According to 2017 Forrester data, 68% of B2B buyers said they prefer to gather information on their own when conducting product research. This was a big jump up from 53% in 2015, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see that 68% continue to climb.

Not only do B2B buyers and SMBs want to do the research themselves, they don’t want to be pestered. However, a recent study from First Orion found that next year 50% of mobile calls will be scam/spam calls. As SMBs are inundated with spam, scam and sales calls, even the phone will be ignored, leaving inside sales groups with one less channel for reaching potential customers.

According to a Borrell study from 2016, SMBs got nearly six sales calls each week, but almost 80% said they would prefer to be contacted via email. This doesn’t suggest the emails will be read or engaged with, it is merely easier to delete an email than it is to answer the phone and tell a sales rep “no.”

Read more...

VirtualGlobalPhone

Top Poster Of Month
I guess the person who wrote this article has not seen whats future is holding for Telecom sector.

Its true that spam / scam and sales are increasing and moving towards mobile more than ever. So do the technology!!! Today Telecom switch is more smarter than ever with basic listing of numbers as bad to predictability and even artificial intelligence.

So going forward the phones and the service provider will offer more smart and intelligent services.

Communication medium is a daily need and can never be removed / ignored or kept aside.

Last edited:

JShivell33

However, a recent study from First Orion found that next year 50% of mobile calls will be scam/spam calls.
That still leaves 50% that are from sales reps from legitimate companies. Very few, if any, of them are thinking "I'm going to call this person so I can keep them away from actually doing their job".

SMBs got nearly six sales calls each week, but almost 80% said they would prefer to be contacted via email. This doesn’t suggest the emails will be read or engaged with, it is merely easier to delete an email
This is why they get phone calls. Like the sales reps mentioned above, the ones that send emails do not send them to give SMB's something to delete from their inbox.

Trust me, I feel your pain. I get phone calls from people selling extended auto warranties, I get tons of insurance companies calling me because I requested a quote from one company, etc., etc. I even get calls from companies selling alarm systems, and I live in an apartment! Sometimes, just to be ornery, I'll let them finish their spiel, then tell them I live in an apartment. Some are even robocalls, and I hang up on those right away. I also get a lot of emails advertising things I neither want or need, and I delete those without reading them. However, should I get a phone call from someone selling something I might need, I listen to them before saying "no". If I ask them to send me an email, I will actually read it. After all, I did actually tell them to send it. I will then make my own decision, on my own time. Should I decide not to make a purchase, and I receive a follow-up call, I will then tell them why I decided not to purchase their product/service - and be honest about it.

djbaxter

Administrator
I'm at the point where if I don't recognize the number or caller ID is blocked I just don't answer... let it go to voicemail and if it's something I'm interested in I can call them back.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Latest posts