Selling an existing Business.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:5)

danielelas

Hey everyone, I am thinking about selling my business which over seven years has pretty much been a one man show. I net around 60k a year but the business can be expanded greatly, I just don't have the energy anymore. I Wanted to know on average how long someone buying a business should see a ROI? I ask this so I can get a ball park number on an asking price. Also if I can factor into my asking price that if sales are doubled, tripled and so on they can see a ROI even quicker. Any thoughts will be helpful. Thanks.

VirtualGlobalPhone

Top Poster Of Month
danielelas , I feel the words you expressed shows that you don't want to actually sell. Is my prediction true?

The reason I am saying this is because if the intent is to sell you would have simply put the business, product/service with the expected selling price.

BTW explore more options of involving others directly as partner or director and share the responsibilities. So u can build it up to 1000 times in terms of earning , than it's easy to sell. Just a thought...

danielelas

Well there is some truth in that only because it is scary to sell something you've been working on for so long and then wonder what you're going to do after that. Still I want to know these things in case I do sell and possibly try something else.

VirtualGlobalPhone

Top Poster Of Month
danielelas , interesting business. Which has usually limited memory of buying experience in the customer mind.. Usually deals like this is best to sell your own competitor who joins fresh in amazon with lots of zeal and passion.

Business like this is valued from past sales and the strategy worked and protection of the same. You may not be able to justify the listener for an unknown future which changes like a speed of light in these platforms.

Best wishes.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe