Luka Peteh

Hello entrepreneurs,

I started my own little web design business. I create websites for other businesses but I want to make a change. There is a lot of competition in web design business and I am trying to figure out what to change to stay ahead, be different and provide more for my costumers.

I am thinking that I should start creating simple courses that will guide people through the whole process of creating a website for themselves. I would charge for a course, like on Udemy. I understand that there a pros and cons of this idea.

Anyone who has an idea or any advice on how I can be different and revolutionize web design, please post your comment. I would love to start a conversation.

Hello @Luka Peteh,
Have you already created the courses? I think that is a wonderful idea, and it would set you apart from other web designers. Clients would look to you as an ally to help their business grow rather than just a method of getting something done quickly and efficiently. One suggestion I might add is creating a bundle package so if someone asks you to design their site, you can add a lesson or two on top of it (possibly for a small, extra fee) to help them know how to change small details on the site. Basic design skills.

How has your business been doing?

@Luka Peteh I think courses would be great! I know I would definitely benefit from one or two courses, as I start my own website. You could also sell themes and other plugins. This would give customers the option to build their own website, but with your help instead of fully handing it off to you.

Luka Peteh

Hello @Luka Peteh,
Have you already created the courses? I think that is a wonderful idea, and it would set you apart from other web designers. Clients would look to you as an ally to help their business grow rather than just a method of getting something done quickly and efficiently. One suggestion I might add is creating a bundle package so if someone asks you to design their site, you can add a lesson or two on top of it (possibly for a small, extra fee) to help them know how to change small details on the site. Basic design skills.

How has your business been doing?
Hi, @Valerie Hart

After 1 year I changed my business a lot. Now I only do custom design websites and I landed my first bigger project valued +2K €. :)

Thanks for your input!

Top Bottom