Review of website

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:7)

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate it, if anybody reviewed my website. Our focus is to make the user experience as simple as possible. Let me know your thoughts and thanks.

Hqmwatches.com

djbaxter

Administrator
To be blunt, in a word, the website to my eyes is boring.

Needs more color, more images, and some content explaining why anyone should by your watches instead of someone else's. Also add a decent logo.

The "hamburger" menu is fine and expected for mobile but you should use a more traditional navigation bar for larger screens.

It's not just a fail visually - you're also giving search engines almost nothing to index.

Thank you, for your honest opinion! I welcome more people to review our website since it helps us to better understand what changes it needs.

Last edited:

SARubin

MVP
I applaud your efforts in joining the wonderful world of e-commerce. But honestly your site is not providing a very good user experience.

I'm looking at your home page right now. And my first thought is that you're wasting a lot of real estate above the fold.
There's a big black space with a few random statements taking up most of the screen.

I had to scroll down to figure out that you're even selling something

When I finally realized that the hamburger menu was there, I clicked on the link for "shop", and it brings me to another page with a picture of a watch and the word "discover" (no explanation or anything?)

Then I managed to figure out that the word discover was a link. So I clicked on it and it brings me to yet another page with a few more pictures of watches (at this point, there's still no sales copy explaining what I should do next, or why I should buy anything from you?) But I clicked on one of the watch pictures anyway...

On the final page, I finally see a watch for sale.

I'm not trying to be harsh here, but I highly doubt that most of your visitors will give you that much time or effort just to figure out how to buy something from you.

If you want people to spend money with you, then you really need to make it easy for them to buy. And unfortunately, right now your site is making it difficult.

You also need to give people a reason why they should buy from you. This is where good sales copy comes into play. Compelling sales copy can often be the difference between making the sale... or not.

I recommend that you go look at some other successful e-commerce sites, selling similar items, and try to observe how they set up the flow of their store.
Also study some of the sales copy of the successful sites and see how they describe their products, and also how they guide the shopper through the process of purchasing

Don't just copy what your competitors are doing, but you can certainly learn from them, and model some of what the the more successful ones are doing.

I hope some of this helps you, and I wish you the best of luck with your venture

All the best,
SAR

Thank you! Your points were really strait forward and helpful, we sure will be implementing an easier way for our customers discover our watches, or even create some sort of funnel that delivers the visitors to our sales pages.

VirtualGlobalPhone

MVP
Gfrancot , word "premium" in website real estate is 80% beauty , 10% highest quality of words and 10% is the product or service. Look for company like themeforest and see if you can get some level of influence is putting the above on your website.

Best wishes.

You’re right I will look into bettering our website sales copy and adding more information so search engines can scrape our website more efficiently. Thanks!