1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

RBS advising everyone to sell

Discussion in 'Investments' started by Schmetterling, Jan 26, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Schmetterling

Schmetterling Member

I've seen an interesting piece of news a few days ago saying the Royal Bank of Scotland was advising all its customers to sell everything they have. What's your take on this issue? Do you think we're in for a rough ride this year on the stock markets?

2. K

K Member

Why would they advise people to sell? sell what exactly? and do what with the money?

3. djentre

djentre Member

Are you sure they're advising everyone to sell everything? Even if they knew something, they would never want such a news to come out. It does them no good.

4. Spirit

Spirit Member

As someone that used to work for the once-glorious RBS, I have trouble listening to anything they say anymore! In terms of the market call, people only really talk about the outliers and that's exactly what RBS is at the moment with that call. We'll only remember this call if they're right and ignore it as just more market noise if they are wrong. Personally, I'm not that bearish, though I wouldn't go as far as to say that I'm felling bullish either...