1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Promote Your Business Through Email

Discussion in 'Online Marketing and Advertising' started by Valerie Hart, Mar 9, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Valerie Hart

Valerie Hart MVP

I just learned about this great email service that helps you create a subscription list, design beautiful emails, and even analyze how well your subscribers respond. This is all packaged in MailChimp's free New Business package. If you have less than 2,000 subscribers, I highly recommend you take advantage of this free service to help grow your business to your customers. You can also connect your online store, getting the word out for new products while analyzing what sells.

Are there other email services like this? Have any of you tried them (or this one)? What works for you/your business and what doesn't?

VirtualGlobalPhone and djbaxter like this.
  2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

I've used MailChimp in the past, partly because it integrates easily with WordPress via a plugin. If you do need to go beyond the free version, presumably you're making enough money to afford the paid version.

The analytics are great: You can see how many people opened your last email send as well as bouncebacks from invalid email addresses.

It's actually quite impressive I think for a free service.

3. David_Wu

David_Wu Member

Hi Valerie,

I use GetResponse. It's similar to MailChimp, but it's a paid service.
    I also came across MailChimp a while back, it's a good service too. Very easy to use especially for beginners.

djbaxter likes this.
  4. Valerie Hart

Valerie Hart MVP

@djbaxter, did you ever use the paid services available? If so, how much difference did they make compared to the free service?

@David_Wu, what makes GetResponse better than MailChimp, in your opinion?

5. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Valerie Hart likes this.
  6. Unicopp

Unicopp Member

We're using mailchimp already! :)

Valerie Hart likes this.
  7. How about using direct mailing?

8. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP Member

MailChimp is a great service, as long as you aren't using it for affiliate marketing. They don't like affiliate marketers.

djbaxter likes this.
  9. Steven Witham

Steven Witham Member

I have used MailChimp in the past but it didn't fulfill my needs. What I needed was all-in-one automation platform that was easy to use and control.

We now offer access to our own automation platform along with a promotional offer.

10. Steven Taylor

Steven Taylor Member

I have been using Mailchimp since long time to send some direct emails to subscribers and customers. It works great for me.

11. Hello,
    I have been using MailerLite for some time, the software is awesome. Definitely recommend! Mailchimp is good too, but i prefer the MailerLite.

12. M Pro Member

MailChimp is good for a small number of subscribers where you can take advantage of the free account. However as your subscribers grow it can get very expensive. There are services out there that specialize in high volume email campaigns. One that I have used is hotsol.

djbaxter likes this.